Thread: (big!)Small problem with FFVII[NTSC-U][Disc1of3] using ePSXe 1.70

Thanks

Default (big!)Small problem with FFVII[NTSC-U][Disc1of3] using ePSXe 1.70

Hello! I'm new to this forum and the ePSXe

I've read all the tutorials for this and it works perfectly fine(~35-40 FPS) for the first game I tried with the emulator (FFVII). When exploring the worrld(outside of a battle) everything is perfect, the menu+inventory+character sheets too. However, when I go into a battle, I can only see my character, the ennemies and the environment, but not the action menu, like Attack, Item, Flee, waiting bar etc.

I can still attack by pressing X(which is the "select this" button) even if I don't know if I really chose Attack.

My settings for the ePSXe 1.70 are:

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. OpenGL Driver 1.1.78 (the GPU the emulator recommended)
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    GFX card: GeForce Go 6150/PCI/SSE2
    OGL version: 2.1.2

Bios: scph1001.bin (that's what the emulator told me to get if it said it was missing)
    Sound: there was one already and no problem with sound (I didn't touch that)

Last question: how can I save my game with ePSXe(like for VisualboyAdvance)? or do I have to save in-game like on the real thing?

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the silly questions! ^^;

EDIT: just tried again and I can't even save in-game(save button in menu is grey and can't be selected)

Also, what i see when in battle is as described on top(all animations are fine but no menu). What I see instead of the action menu is a black rectangle covering the lowest one-third of the screen and a flashing blue bar(it''s not charging, but I suppose it's the timer bar to show when Cloud is ready to jump in action)
    Last edited by linkkit92; 14th-November-2011 at 04:47.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by linkkit92 View Post
    Hello! I'm new to this forum and the ePSXe

I've read all the tutorials for this and it works perfectly fine(~35-40 FPS) for the first game I tried with the emulator (FFVII). When exploring the worrld(outside of a battle) everything is perfect, the menu+inventory+character sheets too. However, when I go into a battle, I can only see my character, the ennemies and the environment, but not the action menu, like Attack, Item, Flee, waiting bar etc.

I can still attack by pressing X(which is the "select this" button) even if I don't know if I really chose Attack.

My settings for the ePSXe 1.70 are:

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. OpenGL Driver 1.1.78 (the GPU the emulator recommended)
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    GFX card: GeForce Go 6150/PCI/SSE2
    OGL version: 2.1.2

Bios: scph1001.bin (that's what the emulator told me to get if it said it was missing)
    Sound: there was one already and no problem with sound (I didn't touch that)

Last question: how can I save my game with ePSXe(like for VisualboyAdvance)? or do I have to save in-game like on the real thing?

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the silly questions! ^^;
    Hit config, video, configure (main plugin), and increase offscreen drawing to 3. That should fix it.

And you can use save states, but it's suggested to keep an in-game save as well. Since the state saves the state of the emulator, that means any issues that may arise due to the state it was in will occur every time upon loading said state.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanthias For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ahh, okay thanks, but I can't save in-game (just tested it 5 mins ago...)

Gonna try what you just told me and gonna report back!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by linkkit92 View Post
    ahh, okay thanks, but I can't save in-game (just tested it 5 mins ago...)

Gonna try what you just told me and gonna report back!
    What happens when you try to save?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanthias For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you very much, Noob savior! The menu shows now

Well, it doesn't happen at all... I can't select Save (i think i'm missing memory cards, same thing happened with NullDC on SoulCaliburI -a truly good game!-)
    I think I'll surf on the web abit to download one and test again

Thanks
    EP Points

O.K. I think I know what you problem is you do not need to download a memory card go to the epsxe menu hit config memory cards you should see two slots appear with names like 001.mcr or some thing like that you can name these whatever you like just keep the .mcr file type then click ok and epsxe will create the memory cards you named for you bare in mind if you use a save state then save to memory card you will have to load the state before you can access the save you made on the memory card as mentioned above save states save the state of the emulator not the game (think of save states as something that affects the console(playstation) instead of something that affects the game.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.