Thread: Extracting/Playing ISOs on PSP GO

Thanks

Default Extracting/Playing ISOs on PSP GO

I'm new to playing the ps1/psp games onto my PSP GO. I am wondering what do I need to do to successfully play PSP/PSX classics on my PSP GO?

I hear there is CFW to be extracted to my PSP GO? If there is an up-to-date version please post links and/or a guide to help me get started.

Also, the PSP/PSX games that are loaded on this site are these versions played effectively on the PSP GO without any problems? I noticed PSN just released Chrono Cross and it seems that emuparadise already had the game uploaded back in February.

I understand the basics of converters, software, etc. I have not tackled the part of extracting an ISO/eboot to a handheld device and would like to learn.

I do appreciate everyone's help on this matter. Thank you.

-Nytro

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I stuck with version 5.03 so I'm not sure I'd be able to help you much but yes, there's CFW up to 6.39 I believe.
    What OFW do you have?

I think, either way, that you aren't forced to have CFW to play official PS1 games on your PSP. There's this app... PSX2PSP that converts any PS1 iso into a PSP game.
    Here is a detailed tutorial on how it works

You'll need an ID. To get it, download this.
    This is an ID list. Pick up the exact number of the game to make sure it will work.

Basically as far as I know the PSP can read any PS1 game. I've never tried with multidisks, but sure as hell Einhander hasn't been put up on PSN, so there.
    You make/get an ISO, put it in the converter, and the output you get is a .PBP file.
    You must put that file in a folder called "SLUSXXXX" or something similar, according to the number ID of the game you want to play, and rename the .PBP file the same way.

That's all. Fairly simple huh?

Again, I remark, I am not sure you need to have your PSP hacked to get to play PS1 eboots. I would say you don't because otherwise how would PSP owners that get classics of PSN play them?
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

Ok thanks man.

What if I was to only use the ISOs in the PS1 section on emuparadise. Would those work too?
    Last edited by Nytro; 19th-November-2011 at 17:14.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope, you need to convert it first to EBOOT before running it on your hacked PSP.

Or go here and here, for the converted PSX-PSP games.

For new CFW guide, check any of the links below.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-and-additions!
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ed-few-updates!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the links Meganova.

Just a couple of more questions. I don't want to brick my PSP lol.

I'm going to install the CFW 6.60 because my OFW is 6.60. I clicked on your CFW guide for the ME updates. Are those really necessary to get if I wanted to run the converted PSX-PSP games anyway? Also, I noticed that everyone is placing these CFWs and games on a memory stick. Is it ok to use my flash memory already installed inside my GO model? I do have some GBs left on it to be used.

One last thing before I give this a shot: I have to have a hacked PSP to run converted EBOOT files from the PS1 ISOs? That is why you provided the 2 links to the sub-forums for PSP games because those are already configured to work on CFW/OFWs right?

I don't mean to waste anyone's time with these newbie questions. I just want to understand what I'm doing first. I think I am understanding what to do I just want to confirm it with somebody who is experienced in this. Thanks Meganova.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nytro View Post
    I'm going to install the CFW 6.60 because my OFW is 6.60. I clicked on your CFW guide for the ME updates. Are those really necessary to get if I wanted to run the converted PSX-PSP games anyway?
    Also, I noticed that everyone is placing these CFWs and games on a memory stick. Is it ok to use my flash memory already installed inside my GO model? I do have some GBs left on it to be used.
    Yes, converted PSX EBOOT can only be run on your PSP if you have one of the CFW installed (depending on your current firmware and PSP model), or using HEN as another option, but lack of a function that required for some games.
    Not sure, since I didn't own GO, but better use memory stick like everyone else.

One last thing before I give this a shot: I have to have a hacked PSP to run converted EBOOT files from the PS1 ISOs? That is why you provided the 2 links to the sub-forums for PSP games because those are already configured to work on CFW/OFWs right?
    Yes, that's the only way.

Just make sure you download games that tagged with '[PSX-PSP]' for the converted EBOOT.

I don't mean to waste anyone's time with these newbie questions. I just want to understand what I'm doing first. I think I am understanding what to do I just want to confirm it with somebody who is experienced in this. Thanks Meganova.
    No worries.