Thread: Trouble with FF8 disc 2

Thanks

Default Trouble with FF8 disc 2

Hello, this is my first post on the forums! I need help running disc 2 of Final Fantasy 8. The emulator I use is pSX (version 1.13 I think). I played all the way through the first disc and when prompted to insert the second, I 'eject' the first disc and 'insert' the second. Then I get a message that says WRONG DISC! and reverts to the insert second disc screen. If you need any additional information just ask and I'll answer as best I can, though I'm not too great with emulators beyond NES. Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    EP Points

download and use the newest version of epsxe 1.7 i use that for ff8 and have no problems at all. All i can say dude and

HEY nice to meet you x

Thanks

I've already got epsxe but it seemed more confusing to use than pSX so I chose to use pSX. I've read that there are additional problems with that emulator and FF8 down the road too, so I'll try epsxe again. My question now is, how do I use my save file and discs on epsxe? It cant find my save file for some reason.

Edit - It also gives me a *cdrom not found error when loading the bin file.
    Last edited by Darthbrooks; 12th-November-2011 at 20:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

if you would like i can give you a step by step guide on configuring ff8, as for your saves and game, your saves should be compatible just transfer the "memory cards" over to the ePSXe memcards folder and rename them to .mcd files it should work then and for the game do you have a .cue file along with the .bin file? if so use that to run
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Honestly, that would be wonderful. I'm a bit scatterbrained because I spent all night on the SWTOR beta lol. And as for the .cue file, no there is not one. When I use pSX it pops up a command box behind the emulator and says there is no .cue file, but its because I used the protected version I believe and had to bypass it. I am going to try the memory card thing now.