Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rayman 1 how to extract ? ape files

Thanks

Default Rayman 1 how to extract ? ape files

Hi,

when i try to extract my downloaded rayman 1 E game from http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays..._%28E%29/52696 nothing is wrong. There is a (335M) rar files than.

Now i will exctract that and what i get is in the screenshot. One file with .7z and many .ape files.

Ive 7zip and winrar on my computer so i thought i open the 7z file and exctract it. What i get is only a 172mb File with.ecm at the end. when i use unecm tool i get the image and can play it! But there is no background sound in there.

My Question to you is are the ape files the background music files? why is it 335 and not 172? How can i combine the ape sounds with the image to have the max game?

Hope you can help me !i love your side! thank you!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, it's an audio format.
    There's a tutorial over here that can help you out, then you merge the audio files (convert the ape to wav) with the image and you'll get the nice Rayman music (one of the best music in gaming, in my opinion)
    http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/05/13...using-windows/

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here is a complete guide for PSX games in ECM & APE format

ECM And APE Guide

That is part of the Sony system guides, it's well worth checking through before asking for help

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thank you! Now ive convertet all to wav. how can i combine it with the .bin file?

//edit: Thank you too Zorlon but i'm totally confused of that cue missing thing, because ive no cue file o.O

Is there a simply way to combine the wave with the bin file?

I really dont know why people are make these ape things because the speed of internet in this time is so fast there is no need to compress them and make those things so complicated O.o

edit2: ive found that now

http://www.emuparadise.org/PSX/cues%20and%20sbis.zip

and downloaded the cue packages thank you! what must i do now!

edit3:
    Ive just looked at your tomb raider help thread because theres the same Problem
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...and-ape-files-.

ive taken the cue file of your collection and tried to rename the first ones into .bin

But i still have no background sound. Ive tried epsx 1.7 psx 1.13. Tried to open it with run iso and clicked on the cue file.

And mounted it with deamon tools.

no success
    Last edited by Madisson; 12th-November-2011 at 17:53.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try renaming the wav files to like Track01, then Track02 and so on. Probably it could help.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

don't change the files to bin

edit the cue file in notepad use replace

Find what = .bin" BINARY
    Replace with = .wav" WAVE

hit Replace all

After go and manally change the first .wav" WAVE back to .bin" BINARY that is your data track

EDIT: attached fixed cue file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-November-2011 at 18:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ive used you new cue file i can play but without bg sounds.

no luck it doesnt work

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

mount it in D-Tools like you did before and try plying the music tracks with something like Windows Media player just to make sure they have converted correctly and the cue sheet is also working ok

if that works then it's a case of changing settings in ePSXe 1.7.0

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

So,.. Thank you again for your amazing help!

When i mount the image with the cue and run it under psx 1.13 i finally have the bg sounds wonderfull!

But when i try it to run with epsxe 1.7 the game stucks on the ubisoft logo. and no bg sounds. Maybe i need some other plugins any ideas?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pete's plugin's should be great for it

the CD and Sound plugins may need conviguring correctly aswell as the Graphics plugin

From what I can see though

You have special Fixes on but I don't know if the game actually needs any and having fixes on for one game can have damaging effects on another game
    You have the FPS set to 60 when this game uses 50 (just set it to Auto and it will detect 50Hz and 60Hz Framerate)

Everything else seems fine

EDIT: you might want to go with the Normal OpenGL plugin by Pete (Only thing OpenGL2 adds is filters (shader effects) that you are not even using)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Pete's plugin's should be great for it

the CD and Sound plugins may need conviguring correctly aswell as the Graphics plugin

From what I can see though

You have special Fixes on but I don't know if the game actually needs any and having fixes on for one game can have damaging effects on another game
    You have the FPS set to 60 when this game uses 50 (just set it to Auto and it will detect 50Hz and 60Hz Framerate)

Everything else seems fine

EDIT: you might want to go with the Normal OpenGL plugin by Pete (Only thing OpenGL2 adds is filters (shader effects) that you are not even using)
    The sound plugin is standard, ive view other like the standard epsxe SPU core 1.7.0 and Eternal SPU Plugin1.41 and The same with light version i don't know whats the differences between them.
    The special game fixes was for Final Fantasy 8 and i disabled it now and changed the framelimit to auto as you said. Now the game won't freeze anymore.

With Eternal Sound Plugins i still havent got sound but with the standard one it worked!

CD Plugins ive the Standard epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.7.0 , epsxe CDR WNT/w2k core 1.7.0 and Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8.

I still use the second one like in the screenshot and it workes just fine.

I remember when i had sound problems with some other game (think it was Tomb raider 1) and used the mooby with the option "Repeat all CDDA tracks" and changed the CDDA Volume to 0.55.

What a pity that moby doesnt support Run cdrom option and only the bin file ones.

Some1 said Moby could be better i dont know.

But my last questions is why can't it workwith the other Eternal sound plugins?

Thought Moby is better could it be?

Thank you i finally can play it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pete does a sound plugin aswell that I have used from time to time that seems to work with most stuff (don't know about the game in question though)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Pete does a sound plugin aswell that I have used from time to time that seems to work with most stuff (don't know about the game in question though)
    Thanks i've tried these but no bg music

http://www.pbernert.com/html/spu.htm 1.9

Maybe i do need some special settings?

The psxfin emu has no repeat cdda tracks option. In the rayman game the sounds are to short and after playing it theres no bg sounds anymore. is there a way to enable these mooby2 plugin option in psxfin 1.13 emu aswell? Maybe also on epsxe ?

I cant use mooby's plugin because it doesnt supports mounted images or any cue files..
    Last edited by Madisson; 13th-November-2011 at 18:55.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How are you loading the game with ePSXe?

I would recomend loading the cue file into Daemon Tools and using Run CD-Rom

You can also use Run Iso and again pick the cue sheet only

If it's still not working I will take a look at the game myself if I get the time

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I mount it with deamon tools first and than run cdrom. But with mooby i cant choose my F: Volume. i have to set an autorun image and i can only choose the bin file.

If i try the Run iso option with mooby i can choose the cue sheet but the game stucks when i see the ubisoft logo.

But thank you i can play. I dunno if the cdda repeats on the original game. Ive bought the original pc game and rayman forever addon before many years and i couldnt run it on xp or vista. Im glad that i can finally play it again on the psx emu version.

Thank you
    Last edited by Madisson; 15th-November-2011 at 09:38.