Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Encompassing Skyrim Thread! (Here there be dragons)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Been playing Skyrim for hours now. O. M. G. This is one of the BEST Bethesda games ever. I finally got to slay my first Dragon, which was a LOT of fun, this game adds a lot of fun features into it. I was wary about buying it at first, since I didn't like Oblivion all too well, but still enjoyed it, but this game...Wow. Completely changes my mind about the Elder Scrolls series. And I bought it for PS3 and pree much everyone on my friends list has Skyrim and is still playing it lol.=P

Thanks
    EP Points

Is a minor glitch, but is funny to see a floating log.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default 3 Technical support questions about skyrim.

Well, it seems the guys at Skyrim Nexus are too busy playing to be nice enought to help someone with a different problem...

So, to put things simple, I have a face texture problem, a control lag problem, and a control question.

The texture problem is that depending on the angle in the 3rd person camera, the character's face becomes half transparent. I think it's when it's in the shadow.

The control lag is just that - when using the wasd keys to control the character, it seems he takes a bit of time to start and stop moving. About half a second or less, but it's annoying, and might kill me in a fight.

the control question is... "Is there any way to use a ps3 controller on pc and emulate an xbox360 one with it?" I want to play Skyrim with a controller, but I don't have a 360 one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    Well, it seems the guys at Skyrim Nexus are too busy playing to be nice enought to help someone with a different problem...

So, to put things simple, I have a face texture problem, a control lag problem, and a control question.

The texture problem is that depending on the angle in the 3rd person camera, the character's face becomes half transparent. I think it's when it's in the shadow.

The control lag is just that - when using the wasd keys to control the character, it seems he takes a bit of time to start and stop moving. About half a second or less, but it's annoying, and might kill me in a fight.

the control question is... "Is there any way to use a ps3 controller on pc and emulate an xbox360 one with it?" I want to play Skyrim with a controller, but I don't have a 360 one.
    No idea on the first one .
    Sure the input lag isn't a system problem? I've been discussing the game on another board and no one has had any problems like that.
    http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I'm saying it's a lag because unlike Oblivion, the movement doesn't feel imediate. Also, my pc is good enought to run it at ultra quality with hardly any noticeable graphical lag.

About Motioninjoy, I know it, but I'm not sure if I can configure it to fake a ps3 controller as a 360 controller for the games. :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    Well, I'm saying it's a lag because unlike Oblivion, the movement doesn't feel imediate. Also, my pc is good enought to run it at ultra quality with hardly any noticeable graphical lag.

About Motioninjoy, I know it, but I'm not sure if I can configure it to fake a ps3 controller as a 360 controller for the games. :/

You must have a beastly computer .
    You could check the settings ini, there might be an option related to the movement speed in there. As for MJ, I remember seeing something about it on their forums, you could check there.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

I probably wasted more money purchasing the parts than anyone in the US would if putting together a system of the same strenght. :/ I just made sure it would endure my tries at 3d modelling for the next years.

Back at the skyrim thing, I'll check the ini file, thanks!

Thanks

Set iPresentInterval in the SkyrimPref.ini to 0. By default it forces Vsync on which can create input lag. Alternatively, you can use Rivatunner's D3DOverride to force Trippe Buffering, which can really help or make things worse. You can also change the "Maximum pre-rendered frames ahead" option in the Nvidia control panel (I don't know if you can if you happen to use ATI), in theory the lower the number the better but it can lead to other problems. An other option is to use this utility made for Skyrim that will put the max FPS at a manageable one, although that does seem to be you're problem; if you set inside it's own settings file FPSlimit=0 (it won't limit the FPS) and RenderAheadLimit=2 it can really help with input lag, although that may just be an alternative means of changing the render ahead. My computer isn't that great, but with this Skyrim is playable on high at 30 with little input lag (unless there are way to many partial effects for me).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Searyan View Post
    Set iPresentInterval in the SkyrimPref.ini to 0. By default it forces Vsync on which can create input lag. Alternatively, you can use Rivatunner's D3DOverride to force Trippe Buffering, which can really help or make things worse. You can also change the "Maximum pre-rendered frames ahead" option in the Nvidia control panel (I don't know if you can if you happen to use ATI), in theory the lower the number the better but it can lead to other problems. An other option is to use this utility made for Skyrim that will put the max FPS at a manageable one, although that does seem to be you're problem; if you set inside it's own settings file FPSlimit=0 (it won't limit the FPS) and RenderAheadLimit=2 it can really help with input lag, although that may just be an alternative means of changing the render ahead. My computer isn't that great, but with this Skyrim is playable on high at 30 with little input lag (unless there are way to many partial effects for me).
    For some reason, I can't find that line. It's the skyrimpref.ini in the (instalation path)>skyrim folder, right?

Thanks

No it's in the My Games folder in My Documents, under Skyrim. If it's still not there add the line to Skyrim.ini (not SkyrimPref.ini) at the bottom on the display section.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Searyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Glitches are ABUNDANT in Skyrim but so is FUN.

Thanks

Anybody have the Prima Official guide? Looking for a decent scan of it, because it's so hard to get in NZ. I've put a request on midnightscene, but still no takers.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I found the thing, but it didn't work, or at least didn't do any change. I'll try adding it to skyrim.ini later...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji1412 View Post
    Yeah, it sucks and it's just the way it is. Really really sad because in the past TES really belongs to the PC.
    Well, I'm hoping they will fix it in a patch, and I remain optimistic because of the modding community. I have to say, I only complain because fixing those things will really make the game that much better.
    Damn right it does. Only way to play imho but clearly they focused on the console release this time. :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Has anyone done any quests that they particularly enjoyed?