Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infinity Ward Recycles Buildings on MW3 Straight From Cod4

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Infinity Ward Recycles Buildings on MW3 Straight From Cod4

lol. Great work guys, keep up the hard work.
    Spoiler warning:
    This game is
    Spoiler warning:

Anyway, seems lazy. How could they have run out of building designs?!

Thanks
    EP Points

The whole game is a recycled soldier-shooter. I'm not surprised in the least.

What really surprises me is people keep buying that shit.

Thanks

MW3 itself feels recycled. I feel like this one's gonna turn out like Black Ops too, decent game with overused, boring mechanics that people just won't find entertaining anymore. IW needs to just let COD die.

Thanks
    EP Points

They'll just reboot it.

Call of Dooty: Mars Wars!

American's fighting Aliens!

Thanks
    EP Points

Wanna challenge, play it on wii.

The hit detection on wii is SHOCKING shoot someone in the arm and ya get a headshot hahahahaha

COD SUCKS ASS

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post

Mindless drones, buying the game like zombies shuffling to their bane.

From the video I don't see much difference with the other Modern Warfares. I see Battlefield 3, instead, and see the complete change from Bad Company 2!

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post

That is all.

I'm usually not one to hate on all of the recent grey/brown shooters, or at least not as much as other opponents of them, buuuuuut this is a little much. Makes me wonder how many other things have been recycled?

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/18/scho...-is-a-porsche/

“There is so much that we’ve added, so when someone says ‘cut and paste’, I don’t even want to talk to them because they don’t know. They just don’t know. They have no idea.”

STFU you lying scum...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They used the same engine and a few of the same graphical resources? Well, if they did, that's good for them. Honestly, one of the things wrong with this industry is this silly insistence on reinventing the wheel every single time you put out a new game. It adds all of these unnecessary expenses and draws resources away from story, polishing gameplay, QA work, and everything else. Reuse a preexisting engine, or buy a prepackaged one like Unreal or any of another bunch, and get to the actual business of creating the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have no intention of playing MW3 as it doesn't interest me. However, saying that because one building is copied so the whole game sucks is brilliant logic.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I have no intention of playing MW3 as it doesn't interest me. However, saying that because one building is copied so the whole game sucks is brilliant logic.
    Hey, that was my logic. How dare you call me of a few brain cells?

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

I haven't played CoD MW3 yet but I don't see how reused assets is a bad thing, like Mistal said it allows them to focus more on other things. Best example I know, Fallout New Vegas. Around 75% (made of figure) of that game is reused assets like the game engine, most of the buildings, a lot of the textures, a lot of the armor, all the hair (I think they should have at least added some to be honest), many of the weapons, and probably a lot of stuff I can't think of, but they used their freed resources to put a LOT more quests, talking NPCs (ones with conversations, not just "hey"), more weapons, and ultimately a denser (physically smaller, but more unique content per mile) game then Fallout 3, really the thing I think they missed on was the feel was off from what I liked about Fallout 3 (more nuclear wastelandy then deserty). You can criticize the game for having overused mechanics, or whatever you want, but resource recycling isn't a problem here.

Thanks

I'm so sick of this "Every Cod game is just a recycle of the previous one". For me, that is a strength of Cod. Dragon Quest games are more recycled than CoD, but that doesn't stop them from being great games does it? The fact is, CoD has found a system that works, and they stick to it, why fix something that isn't broken. I'm not a huge CoD fan, I'm really not that into shooters tbh, but I'm just sick of all these eliteist, stuck up W@nkers trying to find problems with a game just to avoid conforming to the popular choice, which I honestly beleive is the real reason why there are so many CoD haters.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Searyan View Post
    I haven't played CoD MW3 yet but I don't see how reused assets is a bad thing, like Mistal said it allows them to focus more on other things. Best example I know, Fallout New Vegas. Around 75% (made of figure) of that game is reused assets like the game engine, most of the buildings, a lot of the textures, a lot of the armor, all the hair (I think they should have at least added some to be honest), many of the weapons, and probably a lot of stuff I can't think of, but they used their freed resources to put a LOT more quests, talking NPCs (ones with conversations, not just "hey"), more weapons, and ultimately a denser (physically smaller, but more unique content per mile) game then Fallout 3, really the thing I think they missed on was the feel was off from what I liked about Fallout 3 (more nuclear wastelandy then deserty). You can criticize the game for having overused mechanics, or whatever you want, but resource recycling isn't a problem here.
    I don't know man I mean I loved Fallout 3 but New Vegas's ammo mechanics just really turned me off (that and the fact of going up against a freaking steel armor radscorpion at level 1) other than that I thought the game would have been golden. As far as MW3 is concerned its not them carrying the same design as well as engine over to this game it's more along the lines of that's how it is with every call of duty game. Change is a marvelous thing when it comes to games but I do stress however it depends on whether or not it will work with said game.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    They used the same engine and a few of the same graphical resources? Well, if they did, that's good for them. Honestly, one of the things wrong with this industry is this silly insistence on reinventing the wheel every single time you put out a new game. It adds all of these unnecessary expenses and draws resources away from story, polishing gameplay, QA work, and everything else. Reuse a preexisting engine, or buy a prepackaged one like Unreal or any of another bunch, and get to the actual business of creating the game.
    You know that they are using a heavily modified Quake 2 engine?
    That game was released somewhere near 1999. Thats how old the shit is. You don't necessary need to re invent the wheel but you do need to replace it from time to time.