Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WoW discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Default WoW discussion

this is a place to discuss world of warcraft

I'll start by saying I just started playing on cataclysm I am a worgen (alliance faction) rogue.

I play on a private server.

I also want to create a horde (faction) char just not sure what to go with on that one.

my wow character name is nightshade because knightshade was already taken I just dropped the k.

so anyone else play what race/class are you.

I guess my main goal here is to get an EP guild going eventually.

note: I know a lot of EP. members don't like mmo's I don't want to start any flame wars,also this is not a debate on favorite class/characters either this is just meant to be a civilized discussion about WoW so please don't knock other members race/class/faction.

for those interested but don't know anything about world of warcraft except the name I'll just throw this out there.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Main
    Last edited by Knightshade; 6th-November-2011 at 18:58.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't play WoW. Is it free now?

Thanks
    EP Points

There is a F2P version up to level 20 (you can still play you just don't get any more exp. and there are several other limitations, but you can play PVP all you want).

But there are ways (or at least there used to be ways) of singing up for a trial account, getting the full client, and then connecting to a private server. But that was before trial accounts got their own specific client.

Anyways, I have never seen a private server handle Hunter pets very well, which means that I am sticking with regular, old, P2P WoW for now.

Thanks
    EP Points

my dad (yes my dad) pays for the game, he plays it frequently, used to run his own guild before everyone decided to stop playing, he currently has 2 level 85 chars and 2 level 80 chars, he really enjoys it and i can see the appeal but i just cant get into it, its not that its an MMORPG coz i play another game called MapleStory (which it would seem nobody has heard of) and rusty hearts (again no body has heard of) but both games are really good i think i prefer the hack and slash element of rusty hearts and im not sure what attracts me to Maple Story so much, ive been playing it with my gf for over 4 years now.
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    I am a rouge.
    Either you are terrible at spelling, or you are a womans cosmetic product.

I, however, have a dwarf paladin on Hydraxis. No point playing on a private server since you can cheat and set your stats so high you 1 hit everything. Also, normal servers have macros set up so you need more than one button to play the game. We've all heard of the crappy players who can out DPS non-macro players, but as soon as something unexpected comes up the macro player is screwed, while a non-macro player actually knows his character and can pull off the win.

And so I surprised myself, since I really find WoW boring. I play it for my bro. He's been addicted since Vanilla and half of what he says about it now is that he hates Ghostcrawler(the lead Dev who basically broke the game so that a Paladin can solo anything before heroics). The other half of what he says is how great Vanilla was. :p

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    my dad (yes my dad) pays for the game, he plays it frequently, used to run his own guild before everyone decided to stop playing, he currently has 2 level 85 chars and 2 level 80 chars, he really enjoys it and i can see the appeal but i just cant get into it, its not that its an MMORPG coz i play another game called MapleStory (which it would seem nobody has heard of) and rusty hearts (again no body has heard of) but both games are really good i think i prefer the hack and slash element of rusty hearts and im not sure what attracts me to Maple Story so much, ive been playing it with my gf for over 4 years now.
    I play Maplestory though, but since apparently US and Europe are different, so I can't play you.

Thanks
    EP Points

WoW is shit.
    Bunch of tards getting shit handed to them for no real reason, PRO'S UP IN DIS GAME.

Oh before the hate, I'm a Warlord, 3 times glad, was a core member of one of the top guilds on my server.

PRETTY MUCH YEAH.

Also private servers are shit and unstable.
    And you can "cheat" on live servers as much as you can cheat on private server, LOL WARDEN LOL.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jase For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I play Maplestory though, but since apparently US and Europe are different, so I can't play you.
    :O

You play Maple? Wow, that brings back memories. I used to play that along time ago with my brother and a couple friends. I sometimes think of playing that again... I think that if Nexon hadn't made Maple so... Weird, I might play. I dunno.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I admit that I play.

I'm a level 26 Human Warrior, I started off with the free up to level 20, then I bought the game. And I enjoy it immensely. You play on a Private server? lol. No fun. I play on Korialistraz as my realm.

But hey, I think an EP Guild on WoW would be quite fun, I'd join.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    There is a F2P version up to level 20,
    But there are ways (or at least there used to be ways) of singing up for a trial account, getting the full client, and then connecting to a private server. But that was before trial accounts got their own specific client.
    had to wait to respond to this I'm using the ftp version from battle.net and just hit level 21 on my private server so yes it is possible to play past level 20, but on private servers, some quest are bugged to hell and back for example the living the life quest is not able to be completed I had to abandon it,and do a different quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    I play another game called MapleStory (which it would seem nobody has heard of) and rusty hearts (again no body has heard of) but both games are really good i think i prefer the hack and slash element of rusty hearts and im not sure what attracts me to Maple Story so much, ive been playing it with my gf for over 4 years now.
    Never heard of rusty hearts I have however played MapleStory not my cup of tea however, may give rusty hearts a try.
    Last edited by Knightshade; 6th-November-2011 at 18:57.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

WoW, played it for around 5 years before quitting i think 2-3 years ago then this spring broke the install disc into 8 pieces and trashed said pieces on purpose, heres a few reasons for that:

1.after so many years the game had become too boring and repetitive for me
    2.my "friends" on WoW had abandoned me for endgame content (high lvl raids and such)
    and 3. after 2 happened i just wanted to cut all ties to the game in general hence the disc breaking.

i would honestly have to say that leaving that life-leeching videogame behind was one of the best things i have done over the years as a gamer, got around 4-5+ browser based games i enjoy far more now and they're nowhere near the size of WoW... not remotely as big

maybe if i ever get windows XP on a computer again i'll try everquest some

Thanks
    EP Points

I myself am still a happy WoW player. Been there for over six years now, and it's managed to etch its groove into my brain. It doesn't destroy my free time as it used to, but hey, I still enjoy it.

To those of you who're interested: I'm Lasharus, Human Mage of Turalyon EU. Known as "the showoff" and "the talkative wannabe Brit" on my server. Probably because I collect item sets and talk a lot. I like to talk, had you noticed that? I thought I noticed you noticing.

Bloody hell that was tangental. At any rate, while I concur that World of Warcraft is not something that requires universal adoration, it strikes me that while the community that promotes the game is shit, the community that dislikes the game seems to be just as extreme at times. Personally the only problem I have with WoW at the moment is its community, both the haters and the lovers. The game inspires too many extreme responses whenever it's mentioned, and I find that regrettable.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

just remembered, i was checking WoW a while back after i had left and another 1-2 expansions came out (i left just a day or 2 before the lich king one was released btw) and WoW has had 2 quite interesting events in its history so far that some of you may know of. the tainted blood incident where upon a certain dungeons release a area (aura-like?) effect called tainted blood slipped out of the dungeon and caused what may've been the first world wide virtual viral epidemic, rather entertaining reading about that really.

then the event i missed by a few days, the zombie plague that came with the lich king expansion, i admit that that would've been fun to be a part of but well, i had already left so oh well.

tainted blood: unintended but pretty good read, zombie plague... well who doesn't like that?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    just remembered, i was checking WoW a while back after i had left and another 1-2 expansions came out (i left just a day or 2 before the lich king one was released btw) and WoW has had 2 quite interesting events in its history so far that some of you may know of. the tainted blood incident where upon a certain dungeons release a area (aura-like?) effect called tainted blood slipped out of the dungeon and caused what may've been the first world wide virtual viral epidemic, rather entertaining reading about that really.

then the event i missed by a few days, the zombie plague that came with the lich king expansion, i admit that that would've been fun to be a part of but well, i had already left so oh well.

tainted blood: unintended but pretty good read, zombie plague... well who doesn't like that?
    I was present for both events. The Corrupted Blood thing was essentially a bug in the game that Blizzard didn't see coming: Hunters could dismiss their pets when they got the disease, and resummon the same pet when they would have left the instance of Zul'Gurub, where the debuff was cast. Given that it was a disease that spread constantly, it was nigh unstoppable in cities such as Ironforge.

The Zombie Plague event that preceded Wrath of the Lich King was quite amusing, and partly a nod to the earlier Corrupted Blood situation, only now controlled.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Calm it down Jase... Jeez
    Yeah, nah.
    Perfectly valid points.