Thread: Maximizing the compatibility on PSXPERIA

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Maximizing the compatibility on PSXPERIA

It is known that the Native Xperia Play emulator isn't completely compatible with all the PS1 games. You can see graphical glitches everywhere. In fact you can use FPse which is a better emulator (and has got the "Dual Shock" to boot). But I've had a problem with it. I couldn't play Silent Hill, because it had sound issues.
    I wanted to play this game, so had to use the ISO to Play converter (Awesome tool by yifanlu) and had a bit of a problem with the graphics. Squares surrounding the character, trees, basically every model.
    screenshot_9.jpg
    UGLY!
    So, I read that it's been using the Hardware Renderer. But you can change it.
    First of all download a notepad clone (I'm using Jota Text Editor, simple but as good as notepad) and open preferences.xml in the ucc folder, inside the game's content.
    screenshot_1.png
    The highlighted folder, is Silent Hill. Make sure to remember the game's id and open it. There's a ucc folder and if it isn't there, play the game first and access the Emulator's settings. It should appear.
    screenshot_2.png
    I've opened the ucc folder and there's some random hexadecimal code as the next folder's name. Open it and there are some .xml files. Now open preferences.xml.
    screenshot_5.png
    By default, the game is using the Hardware renderer, as the highlighted line says "SW-Renderer = False" all you have to do is to change it to true and save.
    Now enjoy a much better looking emulated PS1 game.
    1.jpg

It probably won't work with all games, but will make the native emulator a much more enjoyable emulator. There will be a bit of dithering and the gameplay will be just a bit slower than the Hardware Rendering, but at least you can play the game.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Englebert3rd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great article, mind if I put it on Roms4Droid.com? Also, do you want to write articles and post them on Roms4Droid from now on?

Let me know,

Jacob
    Vici0usX
    Roms4Droid Owner | Mobile Device MOD
    Favorite: SNES - Chrono Trigger | Currently Playing: Co Black Ops
    Follow me on: http://www.roms4droid.com | http://www.callofdutycentre.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by vici0usx View Post
    Great article, mind if I put it on Roms4Droid.com? Also, do you want to write articles and post them on Roms4Droid from now on?

Let me know,

Jacob
    Go ahead, man. I'm more than glad to help and will check the site out. Yeah, I think I'll contribute actually. Not many sites dedicated to Droid emulation.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

Hey Buddy, sorry I didnt see you replied! Did you check out the site and what did you think. Honestly, I am probably the only site dedicated to droid emulation

Vici0usX
    Roms4Droid Owner | Mobile Device MOD
    Favorite: SNES - Chrono Trigger | Currently Playing: Co Black Ops
    Follow me on: http://www.roms4droid.com | http://www.callofdutycentre.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The style is a bit bland, but overall I like the design and the accessibility.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube