Thread: Wii crashing reading discs

Thanks

Default Wii crashing reading discs

I DUnno what happened to my wii. Everytime i play a game, wheteher its original or pirated, just 5-10 mins in the game and it hungs and i get the message: "error occured. Press the eject button and remove the disc. blah blah." It doesnt do that before, well in wii sports resort only. but now nearly all of my games gave me that kind of message. I think wii sports is the only one working... I tried reffering to the troubleshooting section of the console manual but isnt any help either.
    WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM?? WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you updated by accident? Have you got any new games that may have disc updated your wii? Are you using discs for your copys? if so your drive may be fucked. Try to use a hdd for your copys. Are you trying different Loaders? Get back. Cant see it being a problem with your softmod if its affecting Retail games too.

Thanks

im not sure if ive updated my wii. but i checked and my wii's version is VER.4.1U.
    However, i backed up brawl using a usb loader and im not having any problem playing w/ the usb backed up game.
    i use wii disc channel for my original games, still error.
    i use neogamma channel for the pirated ones (many sold here in our country) but still the same problem.
    games like, madworld, mariokart wii, brawl, no more heroes 2, monster hunter tri (all original) and goldeneye 007 (fake). those are the games that get the error.
    i have LoZ twilight princess (fake) i can play for hours without the error message popping up, and wii sports (original w/ the wii) dont have any problems too.
    thought that might help.
    and pardon me but what is hdd?
    and what do you mean by "Cant see it being a problem with your softmod if its affecting retail games too.??"
    tnx for the reply. peace y'all

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like your lens is dying. It happens.

Thanks
    EP Points

hdd= Hard disc Drive

And yeah sounds like your lens is on the way out. Best thing to do is get yourself a Hard Drive and back all your games up to that using Cfg usb loader and play from the hard drive, seeing as your playing brawl from usb. Its defo your Wii Lens although you could try cleaning it.

Thanks

i just noticed it happens randomly..
    i played tatsunoko vs capcom (original) first play throught, i got the message without the game even starting yet.
    second play through, i played the game for 20 mins without getting the message.
    so umm. is this normal? i bought my wii in june 2009. is there anyway to clean the lens, can i have it repaired by some technicians? sorry im being so clueless bout this .
    thanks for the help really.)
    sadly, the goldeneye doesnt seem to work on usb, i tried wiiflow, usb loader gx and cfg. dunno why tho.