Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Those games that make you fly into a murderous rage and want to destroy your consoles

Thanks
    EP Points

Super Mario Sunshine made me punch a hole in my wall..... Not the best day I've had. I manage to hide the hole with a picture, and it's been concealed for more than 5 years without anyone knowing.
    ^^ Yay!
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Playing MTG vs Gypsy.

I may have raged once or twice. But, IMO, MTG is very competitive and definitely rage worthy.

Spoiler warning:
    If you'r reading this, Shard, you've finally figured out why we haven't played yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Wyrm View Post
    Playing MTG vs Gypsy.

I may have raged once or twice. But, IMO, MTG is very competitive and definitely rage worthy.

Spoiler warning:
    If you'r reading this, Shard, you've finally figured out why we haven't played yet.
    yes MTG is competitive and rage worthy one day I'll get my 3,000 + cards out of storage and start playing again.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Wyrm View Post
    Playing MTG vs Gypsy.

Spoiler warning:
    Yeah man, I was playing a friend last night. We get a little bit into the game. I could feel the through the monitor as he says, "if you are running Solar Flare I'm going to ragequit right now. I through the monitor and we ended up playing it out. Thought he might have had it at a couple points but I was able to new Liliana bomb, bring her back with Sun Titan and run out his hand that turn.

And yeah, any deck Shard is gonna use was put together by me.

Thanks

I remember throwing my gameboy at the floor a few times due to frustration. Since it barely seemed to do anything to it, I continued to do it (a little bit harder each time, I'd say). Kirby's Dreamland 2 would have triggered it more than anything. This eventually broke my gameboy too, so I learned my lesson.

Thanks
    EP Points

off topic but that reminds me grimm, anyone ever notice how nintendo game devices are usually seemingly juggernaughts when it comes to taking damage?

i once had a gba stuck in the rain and it got soaked with water both internally and externally, it dried out and still worked fine.
    i've seen a gamecube be dropped from 2 story height then hit with a sledgehammer all after being submerged in water and that still played games, no problem, aside from the disc cover being knocked crooked.
    NDS might be the same way though i've only ever dropped mine a few times so i dunno but i did see a old gameboy pic on the internet a few years ago, the gb had been caught almost point blank in a bomb explosion with the case partly melted and it STILL played games.

nintendo has always made the most damage resistant game machines i have ever seen, whereas xbox then playstation in that order are weaker then flimsy (i think you could break a psp in half with your barehands, not a good thing there)

makes me curious about the wii... but i'm not gonna test that hehehe

Thanks

Ninja Gaiden on the nes (F those birds!).
    I want my Atari 5200 back!

Thanks

Demons Souls for ps3.you do fairly decent for a little while, then u suddenly get mauled by some guy with an octopus for a face from around a corner...and lose a whole game plays worth of currency cause of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    yes MTG is competitive and rage worthy one day I'll get my 3,000 + cards out of storage and start playing again.
    MTG is very competitive, that's pretty much the reason I quit, after a certain level the game just says "Lol, I hope you enjoy the destruction of your social life."

That, and the fact that the game is pretty much paper cocaine. I'm pretty sure it's the only game where you can spend 200+ dollars on 4 cards.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Places that sell singles are evil.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Me, I buy my cards online. I get mostly randomized lots (I say mostly because they don't let more than a few basic lands and they keep dupes to an absolute minimum) of 500 cards for something like 40 bucks. It's a bit of a crap shoot, what with getting commons, but I've gotten numerous rares and foils.

But then I don't actually play the game; I just collect. I haven't played the game since high school, and that was the late 90s.

Thanks

Hydro Thunder on Dreamcast (RIP Midway; RIP Dreamcast)

That game was such a bastard. It was loads of fun and extremely challenging but was just such a cheating bastard.

I was robbed of a victory on one of the final and most difficult stages after trying like 20 times, and I stomped my foot down hard as I stood up cursing the game. The vibrations through the floor 'locked-up' my Dreamcast. It never worked again.

It was a brand new one so I got a new one free though. That would be one of many Dreamcasts to bite the dust.
    Last edited by Lost in the Fire; 8th-November-2011 at 16:00.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Me, I buy my cards online. I get mostly randomized lots (I say mostly because they don't let more than a few basic lands and they keep dupes to an absolute minimum) of 500 cards for something like 40 bucks. It's a bit of a crap shoot, what with getting commons, but I've gotten numerous rares and foils.

But then I don't actually play the game; I just collect. I haven't played the game since high school, and that was the late 90s.
    Yeah if you just buy random lots it can be cheap, but to play competitively you really have to sink money into it. Even doing it cheap and buying/pre-ordering full common and uncommon playsets online and hoarding cards at prerelease it's still gonna cost. Best way to do it right there though, it's best to win booster drafts and hoard any card you can get. You never know when 50 cent rares will turn into $20 rares (bitterblossom came to mind immediately but there are plenty of others, tho I'm sure that it has went down right now, the key is reselling your extras at peak value. Stoneforge Mystic just came to mind as well). There are of course some people that try to project future value but you can never tell how it will mesh with cards that haven't been released yet. /ramble
    Last edited by Gypsy; 8th-November-2011 at 16:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Places that sell singles are evil.
    Pretty much, but it was for a playset of signed Underground Seas, so it was worth it at the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    off topic but that reminds me grimm, anyone ever notice how nintendo game devices are usually seemingly juggernaughts when it comes to taking damage?

i once had a gba stuck in the rain and it got soaked with water both internally and externally, it dried out and still worked fine.
    i've seen a gamecube be dropped from 2 story height then hit with a sledgehammer all after being submerged in water and that still played games, no problem, aside from the disc cover being knocked crooked.
    NDS might be the same way though i've only ever dropped mine a few times so i dunno but i did see a old gameboy pic on the internet a few years ago, the gb had been caught almost point blank in a bomb explosion with the case partly melted and it STILL played games.

nintendo has always made the most damage resistant game machines i have ever seen, whereas xbox then playstation in that order are weaker then flimsy (i think you could break a psp in half with your barehands, not a good thing there)

makes me curious about the wii... but i'm not gonna test that hehehe
    Yep, everything Nintendo-made that I've ever owned has lasted (other than the NES).
    "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"