Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony Super Smash Bros?!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well didn't Nintendo have Snake in a Smash Bros game? He was created by Konami.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    Well didn't Nintendo have Snake in a Smash Bros game? He was created by Konami.
    Yeah, but he and the creator are friends. Suda is too (from Suda 51), so many we'll see Travis in the next smash game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    Insomniac has nothing to do with Twisted Metal. Just sayin'.
    Sorry my memory is a bit rusty with Twisted Metal it has been ages since i last played

Thanks
    EP Points

For the first 2 games of Twisted Metal, It was Single Trac.
    Then 989 Studios for 3 and 4
    Then Incognito for Black and HEad-On.
    And for the new one coming out, Eat Sleep Play.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Searyan View Post
    I think a better quote is a typical fighting game, it most certainly is a fighting game, what else could it be really (action maybe).
    There's a bit of a party game spirit mixed in there, I guess...?

"Party Fighter" sounds kinds weird, though...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Wow.

This is the worst idea I've ever heard of. Game Informer used to make up idiotic crap like this as parody...and now it seems to be real.

I just...I don't know how this is supposed to work. I mean...Nathan Drake and Kratos? I could see this working as a MvC ripoff, but not Smash Bros.
    I'm pretty much the same as this. If it were more of a traditional fighting game (Marvel v. Capcom/Mortal Kombat/whatever style), I could see it being entertaining. Most of Sony's "big names" that people would actually want to see in this kind of game are meant to be realistic characters. Most of Nintendo's characters are cartoons, and therefore have a bit more freedom to ignore some of the more restrictive laws of physics. Like gravity. There is no way a fat Italian plumber can jump that high. Not a chance.

I suppose it could be done well, but at the moment all I've got in my head is an image of popular "Sony" characters leaping around a screen in the same style as Smash Bros., and it just does not work for me. At all. It seems retarded, to be quite honest. If it was more of a traditional fighting game, it would make more sense. Smash Bros., at least in my mind, really only works because pretty much every character in the game is a cartoon, or cartoon-esque, and therefore the "realism" of the game doesn't really matter quite as much. I would not want to see Nathan Drake doing somersaults through the air when I can't even get him to do that in his actual game.

Iunno. I probably won't buy it unless something manages to convince me it will be just as much fun as Smash Bros., which I just can't see happening. Nintendo has such a huge catalog of characters to choose from that fit into that particular niche that they can pull something like that off. There are 35 playable characters in Smash Bros. Brawl; I can't think of 35 characters that have graced a Sony platform that I want to play as.

And please, don't fill up a roster with Final Fantasy characters. They already have one of those.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    For the first 2 games of Twisted Metal, It was Single Trac.
    Then 989 Studios for 3 and 4
    Then Incognito for Black and HEad-On.
    And for the new one coming out, Eat Sleep Play.
    I believe Single Trac also made Small Brawl (a great twisted metal game)[TM2>SB>TM4>TM>TM3 (PSX games)]

Thanks
    EP Points

i'll stick with ssb thank you (that and i don't have ps3)

and sorry but wow, the idiocy in that linked pages comments are enough to make my brain hurt... then again i guess i shouldn't expect too much from a random link i happen to follow

Thanks

this may be a half way decent game if they were to actual work on it instead of slaping it together and hopeing it takes like pasta thrown on a wall after it is cooked. most likly it will just be another failed game sadly .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm starting to suspect this was BS since no bigger news source has reported on this.

Thanks

Might be interesting :/

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Why not. I'm amazed this hasn't been done till now really. There will always be haters, but I'm sure there are lots of people out there that will lap this up.

Thanks
    EP Points

This COULD be interesting.
    Then again, wasn't there some mix ups like this in the past on the sony console? Like Einlanzer: god bless the ring [psx, a fighting game that had Cloud in it. O_o] and Battle Stadium DON [PS2, a smash bros with characters from 3 different animes]. I'm not sure for these two, but other games like Smash bros do get some attention, like Jump Super/Ultimate Stars.

That said, here comes whatever people forgot to add that could be in the game too:
    musashi [either the blue-haired one, the brown-haired one, or both, like toon link and link ]
    Alundra
    Dingo Egret [Zoe]
    the boy from Ico
    the warrior from Shadow of the Colossus [thinking about this, they could also be something like young link and adult link. O_o]

NOW I can't think of anyone else... Talking about Dingo, it reminds me... WHEN THE HECK WILL HIDEO GIVE US ZOE3???? >8E