Thread: ePSXe won't load, battle sequence freeze in FF8 w/ pcxs-r

Thanks

Default ePSXe won't load, battle sequence freeze in FF8 w/ pcxs-r

Having discovered that my processor will not let me run PCSX2 (wah!), i gave in and figured id play some old ps1 games instead. ePSXe came highly recommended, but it won't boot claiming it lacks the "zlib1.dll" component, saying a reinstall may solve the problem (even though it came as a straight app dl, no setup executable or anything). Rather than muck around with it, i just got PCSX-Reloaded and FF8 from this site.

Happy to report i had no issues joining or loading ISO's. Thanks Mr. Plinkett.

But now I've found that whenever a battle sequence begins, the music starts to play but the video freezes. As I recall (like a decade after the fact), there was a transition screen (melting, pixelation, something like that) that doesn't seem to be occurring. It's just Squall hangin out in mid-step freeze-frame to some sweet tunes. PCSX-R built-in config is pretty simple, not allowing for a lot of play... and there doesnt appear to be an FF8 in the CPU config, though others do appear.

Any thoughts? Should I get ePSXe going (though these Delta and ePSXeCutor things are confusing me) somehow? If so, how? Or is there likely a fix for PCSX-R?

As a sidenote, my keyboard is also on the fritz since running the emu. Certain keys will be unresponsive at random times, then be fine. (All the keys used by the controller plug-in i believe)

Thanks
    EP Points

not sure but I believe this version of epsxe has every thing you need to play sans iso's of course if not just google zlib.dll download and put it in the folder with epsxe
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...ARTER_PACK/216

delta and epsxecutor are not necessary to play they just add certain functions like being able to save your setup for a particular game etc.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by strongflower View Post
    Having discovered that my processor will not let me run PCSX2 (wah!), i gave in and figured id play some old ps1 games instead. ePSXe came highly recommended, but it won't boot claiming it lacks the "zlib1.dll" component, saying a reinstall may solve the problem (even though it came as a straight app dl, no setup executable or anything). Rather than muck around with it, i just got PCSX-Reloaded and FF8 from this site.

Happy to report i had no issues joining or loading ISO's. Thanks Mr. Plinkett.

But now I've found that whenever a battle sequence begins, the music starts to play but the video freezes. As I recall (like a decade after the fact), there was a transition screen (melting, pixelation, something like that) that doesn't seem to be occurring. It's just Squall hangin out in mid-step freeze-frame to some sweet tunes. PCSX-R built-in config is pretty simple, not allowing for a lot of play... and there doesnt appear to be an FF8 in the CPU config, though others do appear.

Any thoughts? Should I get ePSXe going (though these Delta and ePSXeCutor things are confusing me) somehow? If so, how? Or is there likely a fix for PCSX-R?

As a sidenote, my keyboard is also on the fritz since running the emu. Certain keys will be unresponsive at random times, then be fine. (All the keys used by the controller plug-in i believe)
    as knightshade has stated download my starter pack as this has all the plugins nessacary to use the emulator, also if you post your system specs i can try to help you configure it for the best performance
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah i should really put them in my signature!

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (F) @ 3.0 GHz
    Video: Radeon HD 6770 w/ 1 GB GDDR5
    RAM: 4 GB DDR2
    O/S: Windows XP Pro SP3

i got it running on pcsx-r w/ new bios but it can get quite laggy... an optimized config would be much appreciated!!