Thread: Legend of Dragoon occasional grey screen?

Thanks

Red face Legend of Dragoon occasional grey screen?

to start with the game runs fine otherwise in cinematic parts it will sometimes grey out... when there's something interesting happening it seems not sure if its the rom or the emulator or what but i want to try and remedy this.

so I'm using ePSXe 1.6
    video plugin: psx emulation cheater 2.5
    sound Plugin: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.

Thanks

What plugin is selected for the PSX emulation cheater? It has to have a video plugin of some kind selected in the options (should be the first one you see). What kind of processor and graphics card do you have, because there is a range of options depending on the answer. The best one I can recommend is the Pete's OpenGL2 GPU Plugin for modern graphics cards (ish, honestly that was a phrase from years ago, most cards should be good now). There are alternatives but they're all on that page. Some use simpler OpenGL (Linux and Mac friendly) and some use DirectX (Windows only) but the OpenGL2 is the best in terms of looks. I also recommend a shader called the Natural Vision Shader or the ARB Program which enhances color and anti-aliases the image and smooths out the screen (some say it makes some games look like it's from the Dreamcast).

If nothing works or you want an authentic Playstation feel, use the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU (found in my first link). It uses only your processor and gives the closest to PSX results possible...which is quite bad looking on a modern monitor or TV because it only renders as native res (not a problem for 2D games but for 3D it's horrible). It has a low performance requirement unless you use filtering to make it look better, which can be vary.

Also, upgrade to ePSXe 1.7.0 for overall betterness (except disk switching, use 1.5.2 for that). And while I'm at it, make sure any game fixed are selected for the game your playing at the bottom the graphics config (the true one, not the cheat plugin), I know the first one is for Legend of Dragoon.
    Last edited by Searyan; 2nd-November-2011 at 02:09.