Thread: Question About Updating PSP CFW

Thanks

Default Question About Updating PSP CFW

Hey I had a quick question (I have not payed much attention to what's been going on in the PSP world), I've been running Gen-D3 forever on my PSP and have never had to upgrade my firmware or patch a game to get it running. I heard a new CFW came out that allowed users to access their PSN again. I would love to buy a few PSN titles agian. Can't remember the name of the CFW right now, but I'm wondering where can I find a guide? Has anyone else gotten it to work with PSN? and can I still downgrade if I have my old pandora battery?

I've got a PSP 2000 but I don't know how to find my motherboard version either.

Thanks for any help though.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ed-few-updates!
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...l-optimization!!

Yours should be the early model of 2000, since you have GEN-D3 installed on it. So yeah, a fully hackable one.

Thanks

I just found pspident and it reported:
    model: ta-085v2
    type: Slim 2001 (02g)
    so this should work with the full version of ME?

EDIT:
    ok, I tried to get everything set up, but I think after I tried to mess with the firmware before it says this under system info:
    5.50 Prome-4
    it should say Gen-D3 though right?
    and I try to run the upgrade with ME but it says "No need to update, already at 9.90"
    how should I go about fixing this?
    and I wasn't on OFW 6.39 already, I wasn't sure if you literally just install that and then run this installer.
    Last edited by Goveynetcom; 26th-October-2011 at 07:29. Reason: Added additional info

Thanks
    EP Points

First, set the USB Device to Flash0 under the VSH menu(press Select) instead of Memory Stick, then connect the PSP to your computer with USB cable.

Go to a folder called vsh or something, where you can find a version.txt file. Open it up and change the version number from 9.90 to 5.50 and save it.

Finally, unplug the PSP, set the USB Device back to Memory Stick, and try running the updater again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks meganova I got it working now .