Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you played GAME XYZ? Then it doesn't belong here! UNLOVED GAMES THREAD!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmTeather View Post
    I've played the Neverhood (and Skullmonkeys on PS1)
    Also played Terminal Velocity (if it's the Dos game about a 3d space-jet)
    All the Final Fantasy games up to 10

Final Fantasy Adventure (gameboy - pretty much the prequel to Secret of Mana)
    ...and some more obscure titles
    Metal Storm (NES)
    Worms (gameboy)
    Granny's Garden (Amstrad, I think?)
    Godzilla (gameboy)
    A Boy and His Blob: the Rescue of Princess Blobette (gameboy)
    Electroman (Dos)
    Xargon (Dos)
    Pang! (Amiga)
    Space Station Silicon Valley (Nintendo 64)
    Fortified Zone (gameboy)
    Mortal Kombat (Sega Master System - I figure this one hasn't been played so much, it was a bit dodgy but I owned the cartridge. Kano was omitted from the game)
    Aerostar (gameboy)
    Solomon's Club (gameboy)
    Wonderboy in Monsterworld (Sega Master system)
    Zillion (Sega master system)
    Tomba! 1 & 2 (Playstation)
    Kula World (Playstation)
    Kurushi/Intelligent Qube (Playstation)
    Overboard! (Playstation)
    Hunter (Amiga)
    wow I'll bet I know someone who's played those Amiga games.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've played the Neverhood (and Skullmonkeys on PS1)
    Also played Terminal Velocity (if it's the Dos game about a 3d space-jet)
    All the Final Fantasy games up to 10

...and some more obscure titles
    Metal Storm (NES)
    Worms (gameboy)
    Granny's Garden (Amstrad, I think?)
    Godzilla (gameboy)
    A Boy and His Blob: the Rescue of Princess Blobette (gameboy)
    Electroman (Dos)
    Xargon (Dos)
    Pang! (Amiga)
    Fortified Zone (gameboy)
    Mortal Kombat (Sega Master System - I figure this one hasn't been played so much, it was a bit dodgy but I owned the cartridge. Kano was omitted from the game)
    Aerostar (gameboy)
    Solomon's Club (gameboy)
    Wonderboy in Monsterworld (Sega Master system)
    Zillion (Sega master system)
    Tomba! 1 & 2 (Playstation)
    Kula World (Playstation)
    Kurushi/Intelligent Qube (Playstation)
    Overboard! (Playstation)
    Hunter (Amiga)
    Holy shit! That's a lot of Game Boy games!
    I've played Pang!, but on the arcade cabinets
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Almighty MegaMan View Post
    Holy shit! That's a lot of Game Boy games!
    I've played Pang!, but on the arcade cabinets
    Yeah I had my gameboy for years and for a while I had a dead computer without a hard-drive, which could only play games off of floppy disk. So I had no$gmb and gameboy roms to play for some time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Suckers don't know about our obscure DC titles .
    Best console evar.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Horo View Post
    Best console evar.
    You know it.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    As for my own obscure games... I don't really have any. Unless we get into old NES titles that I no longer own. Like Snow Brothers and Fire 'n' Ice.
    Snow Bros! :O! Is that the one that's kinda like... Mario Bros? Only with two snowy-men... one red, one blue, that throw snow balls around? I've played that!

Fire 'n' Ice... I remember the name... There's a magician in it, right?

@Almighty MegaMan: I just noticed this in your user title, but you think MM6 is the best MM game? Seriously? That just makes me sad.
    Which one would make you happy? III or V...?

Actually, I think it's the prequel? Played... but not much.

Played!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roux! View Post
    Snow Bros! :O! Is that the one that's kinda like... Mario Bros? Only with two snowy-men... one red, one blue, that throw snow balls around? I've played that!

Fire 'n' Ice... I remember the name... There's a magician in it, right?

Which one would make you happy? III or V...?
    Snow Brothers: yeah, the stage setup was similar to the arcade Mario Bros., and you had to throw snowballs and freeze enemies and turn them into big snowballs, then kick them off the stage to destroy them.

Fire 'n' Ice: you're a magician who can create/destroy blocks of ice, and have to solve little "stage puzzles" to put out fires with your ice blocks.

Mega Man: honestly, I would have been happy with any game that wasn't 6, to be honest. In the original series, I felt it was the weakest by far. My personal favourites are 2 & 3. 6 was just... disjointed and weird, and wwwaaayyy too easy. The first time I played the game I beat all of the Robot Masters with my buster. I don't think I used a single special weapon until Wily's Castle. I can't go back to that game without cringing.

Thanks

Snow Brothers: yeah, the stage setup was similar to the arcade Mario Bros., and you had to throw snowballs and freeze enemies and turn them into big snowballs, then kick them off the stage to destroy them.
    I thought I remembered that! 'Twas a fun game! ^.^

Mega Man: honestly, I would have been happy with any game that wasn't 6, to be honest. In the original series, I felt it was the weakest by far. My personal favourites are 2 & 3. 6 was just... disjointed and weird, and wwwaaayyy too easy. The first time I played the game I beat all of the Robot Masters with my buster. I don't think I used a single special weapon until Wily's Castle. I can't go back to that game without cringing.
    Numero 2 was sooo hard for lil' Roux... Number III's music is still the best, though!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I thought I remembered that! 'Twas a fun game! ^.^

Numero 2 was sooo hard for lil' Roux... Number III's music is still the best, though!
    Snow Brothers was a lot of fun.
    If I had to pick an absolute favourite Mega Man game, it would be 3. As a whole, I thought it offered the most out of all of them in the original series. 2 is still high up there, though. And yes, the music in those two games are simply fantastic. FANTASTIC.

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess I'll go with Anachronox. Why the hell did no one play this gem, seriously.

Also, Missing. Which is actually pretty damn obscure, mostly due to its indie status. I'd be genuinely surprised to see someone else who's played it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Snow Brothers was a lot of fun.
    If I had to pick an absolute favourite Mega Man game, it would be 3. As a whole, I thought it offered the most out of all of them in the original series. 2 is still high up there, though. And yes, the music in those two games are simply fantastic. FANTASTIC.
    3 is excellent.
    2 isn't shit, but it isn't 1/10000000000 as good as most of the fandom says it is. I've said it before, take off your nostalgia goggles.
    How odd of you to complain about 6 being too easy. It is, but 2 was the easiest of all (normal difficulty, at least). If you'll say you play on hard, you might just as well not charge, slide, or use the jet and power pack on 6.
    I could rant on and on for hours. To put it briefly, 6 is a ridiculously underrated game, and 2 is a criminally overrated one.
    The most likely cause? Wily 1 stage theme song.
    (Side note: All MM 1 to 6 have godsent soundtracks. 2 might beat 6's, but that doesn't make the latter half bad).

tl;dr opinions, all Mega Man games are good, however 6 needs more love and 2, less.

Anyway, would you post more obscure games kids?

EDIT: I've played Snow Bros. a lot of times, but, again, only the arcade versions. BRB adding the sequel to my list.
    Last edited by The Almighty MegaMan; 4th-November-2011 at 15:15.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I guess I'll go with Anachronox. Why the hell did no one play this gem, seriously.
    Well... I guess Daikatana sorta gave Ion Storm a bad rep? Shame... Never played Anachronox m'self -- yet despite my doubts on Deus Ex: IW, I really liked the game! I'll give Ana a go as soon as I can, just because YOU love it! And that, of course, means I'LL love it, right...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Almighty MegaMan View Post
    3 is excellent.
    2 isn't shit, but it isn't 1/10000000000 as good as most of the fandom says it is. I've said it before, take off your nostalgia goggles.
    How odd of you to complain about 6 being too easy. It is, but 2 was the easiest of all (normal difficulty, at least). If you'll say you play on hard, you might just as well not charge, slide, or use the jet and power pack on 6.
    I could rant on and on for hours. To put it briefly, 6 is a ridiculously underrated game, and 2 is a criminally overrated one.
    The most likely cause? Wily 1 stage theme song.
    (Side note: All MM 1 to 6 have godsent soundtracks. 2 might beat 6's, but that doesn't make the latter half bad).

tl;dr opinions, all Mega Man games are good, however 6 needs more love and 2, less.
    Well... back then, the evolution from MMI to MMII was quite something! After III, there were some additions, but... you can't quite compare with the previous ones, in terms of impact? Then there's the fact that MMX kinda stole its thunder...

Personally: Played MMI after MMII -- hated it (maybe I just wasn't as good at it? ).
    MMVI: It's about as good as IV & V, I guess...

Thanks
    EP Points

Well... I guess Daikatana sorta gave Ion Storm a bad rep? Shame... Never played Anachronox m'self -- yet despite my doubts on Deus Ex: IW, I really liked the game! I'll give Ana a go as soon as I can, just because YOU love it! And that, of course, means I'LL love it, right...?
    Totally! Although, its gameplay is nothing special from what I recall. The cutscenes, dialogue, and most importantly the main characters is where the game truly shines.

Also, one of your party members is a planet.

Yes, you read that right.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nobody here has played Power Blade for NES? I used to rent it when I was a kid, and wasted many hours on it. Never got past level 2 back then. I should go back and play it now... see if my reflexes are any better.

Anyone else played "Legend of the Mystical Ninja" or "X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse" for SNES? The former was a bit quirky but lots of fun, the latter I found to be rather a rather forgettable beat-'em-up (but it had Gambit as a playable character ).
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    Nobody here has played Power Blade for NES? I used to rent it when I was a kid, and wasted many hours on it. Never got past level 2 back then. I should go back and play it now... see if my reflexes are any better.

Anyone else played "Legend of the Mystical Ninja" or "X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse" for SNES? The former was a bit quirky but lots of fun, the latter I found to be rather a rather forgettable beat-'em-up (but it had Gambit as a playable character ).
    I've played Power Blade. Used to own it, actually. Pretty good game, but I don't think I ever finished it.