Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSD : Dream emulator (PSX)

Thanks

Default LSD : Dream emulator (PSX)

I really got into this game but I could only play it for so long until it started repeating again. What genre does this game fall under and does anyone know any other games that are like it?

Thanks

I don't think there is a genre for this game it is really a one of a kind. I remember seeing that horse running around and the giant fish floating in the air and me being like "WTF" XD good times.

Thanks
    EP Points

the game is what it says an emulator or simulation type game it's supposed to simulate what it's like to be on Lsd and no I don't know of anymore like it but you could try goggling drug simulation games and see what you get.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Or take some real drugs and play mario.oooooooooooooooooooh mushrooms. (not that i condone that sorta thing)

Thanks

try psychonauts, some levels are realy freaky and with all the flashy mental images floating around for you to capture. You wouldn't notice the difference if you were as high as the ISS :p

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, it's a dream simulator. Don't think there are any games that fit in the same category. I actually haven't tried it, but saw some gameplay videos on youtube.
    It's a nice gaming experiment, however.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

One of a kind?! PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT HAHAHAHHAH NO.

Yume Nikki. It's more or less the same thing, in 2D.
    It has a HUGE fan following, and it's regarded as one of the most unique indie games around.
    Go around in 12 worlds that connect with each other through portals and ladders to get 25 items. Get lost in it. Enjoy the worldless story and come up with your own theories about what does everything mean once you've finished it.

It sparked the creation of fan games in the same vein of it - a fan sequel and two or three hacks, but play the original first.

NOTE: DO NOT USE A GUIDE TO GET THROUGH, EVER! THE FUN COMES FROM EXPLORING EVERY WORLD'S FURTHEST CORNERS.
    NOTE 2: The game is best played alone, at night, with the lights out, and earphones. Don't worry, it doesn't have more than literally one or two jump-scares. It lies more in the creepiness to keep you on the edge of your seat.

To be honest I'm amazed that nobody mentioned it yet.

To get you going, the story is centered on a girl that cannot/doesn't want to leave her room. Some fans say that her dreams are actually personal issues she has to solve before doing so.

If you enjoyed LSD, you WILL thank me later.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I tried this game once, then I tried it while drunk. All I can say is Holy shit!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Almighty MegaMan View Post
    One of a kind?! PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT HAHAHAHHAH NO.

Yume Nikki. It's more or less the same thing, in 2D.
    It has a HUGE fan following, and it's regarded as one of the most unique indie games around.
    Go around in 12 worlds that connect with each other through portals and ladders to get 25 items. Get lost in it. Enjoy the worldless story and come up with your own theories about what does everything mean once you've finished it.

It sparked the creation of fan games in the same vein of it - a fan sequel and two or three hacks, but play the original first.

NOTE: DO NOT USE A GUIDE TO GET THROUGH, EVER! THE FUN COMES FROM EXPLORING EVERY WORLD'S FURTHEST CORNERS.
    NOTE 2: The game is best played alone, at night, with the lights out, and earphones. Don't worry, it doesn't have more than literally one or two jump-scares. It lies more in the creepiness to keep you on the edge of your seat.

To be honest I'm amazed that nobody mentioned it yet.

To get you going, the story is centered on a girl that cannot/doesn't want to leave her room. Some fans say that her dreams are actually personal issues she has to solve before doing so.

If you enjoyed LSD, you WILL thank me later.
    I haven't played yume-nikki myself, but I know it's up there with those crazy ass games. I need to check it out ASAP. I recently played LSD again on my brother's PS3 last weekend, now that PS1 backups work. Still crazy as fuck and enjoyable :p.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    It's odd. That pasta tastes like cake.

Spoiler warning:
    Get it?
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

POW POW!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post

Thanks
    EP Points

Glad to see an LSD thread! This game is pretty weird to a sober person but to someone under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug (weed/salvia etc) it gets incredible. The Gray Man is one of the most scariest enemies I ever encountered. I was in the dark streets of the Violence District where I couldn't see more than 10 feet above me. I went into a house and came out and he appeared right in front of the street lamp. Luckily for me I've mastered the game controls so I was able to easily get out of there with my dream intact. For a 3 months in dev ps1 game I'm proud of it. Despite the poor graphics and controls, you can find a unique world. Also megaman, thanks for posting about Yume Nikki. I've just downloaded the game and it's a refreshing experience.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by eldigato View Post
    Glad to see an LSD thread! This game is pretty weird to a sober person but to someone under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug (weed/salvia etc) it gets incredible. The Gray Man is one of the most scariest enemies I ever encountered. I was in the dark streets of the Violence District where I couldn't see more than 10 feet above me. I went into a house and came out and he appeared right in front of the street lamp. Luckily for me I've mastered the game controls so I was able to easily get out of there with my dream intact. For a 3 months in dev ps1 game I'm proud of it. Despite the poor graphics and controls, you can find a unique world. Also megaman, thanks for posting about Yume Nikki. I've just downloaded the game and it's a refreshing experience.
    You're welcome!

PEW PEW!!
    Also known as Rockman

POW POW!

Thanks

I forgot about the thread, geez.
    Well, thanks for the info. I did stumble upon Yume Nikki about a year ago. I downloaded it and it wouldn't work. I think I needed to muck around quite a bit to get it working (I remember finding other people that were having the same problem). Anyway, I'll try it again because it looks really good.
    And... Psychonauts, a friend of mine recommended that. He had it on XBOX and told me to play it. I watched the trailer for the game and it looked pretty insane. I'm guessing there's a PC version too. Once I get a better computer, I'll be grabbing that...