Thread: CAPCOM Fighting Games + Kawaks...We Have A Winner!

Thanks
    EP Points

Smile CAPCOM Fighting Games + Kawaks...We Have A Winner!

Yeah I know, Kawaks has been around for a long long time, old news, but I wanted to dedicate a thread to my favorite arcade emulator. Don't get me wrong, I like MAME and all of it's extras and such, but when I want to sit down and seriously play Capcom or Neo Geo fighting games, I fire up Kawaks. One feature I really like about Kawaks over MAME is controller compatibility. My Trio Linker Plus II adapter works with Kawaks enabling me to use my ol' Hori Tekken 5 arcade fighting stick to play games. The Neo Geo, CPS1 and CPS2 games seem to run a little faster and smoother with Kawaks, especially with filers versus MAME on my older PC. Although a person can make a "favorites" catagory in MAME (or find them by manufacturer, etc.), so as to not have to scroll through thousands upon thousands of games to find the one you want to play, I find it more convenient and easier to scroll through a far smaller selection of games with Kawaks.

Anyway, I have a question...I have MAME Plus v.143 installed, and it would appear that MAME no longer supports Neo Geo games, is this correct (sorry I don't keep up with the news), or does it have to do with the particular front end I am using or what?

Oh, btw, I made a custom background for Kawaks (the "screenshots" skin, I found the Akuma skin browsing for skins, the other skin comes with Kawaks by default) and wanted to share it (attachment below), hopefully someone will enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    EP Points

FBA is better than them both, yo.
    You're probably using an outdated NeoGeo BIOS.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Sorry but Final Burn Alpha Destroys Kawaks, more stable and better all functionality plus, you can use Neogeo Console mode online.

and can run CPS3 online.

here is the Stable release of FBA,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald McDonald View Post
    Sorry but Final Burn Alpha Destroys Kawaks, more stable and better all functionality plus, you can use Neogeo Console mode online.

and can run CPS3 online.

here is the Stable release of FBA,
    Thanks, I'll have to give FBA a trial run, I've never felt the need to try it.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retro_Gamer View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to give FBA a trial run, I've never felt the need to try it.
    you will be glad ya did, its most excellent, its what we use to play in the EP Fighter Club, if you wish to Fight us post in the fighter thread,

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-More-Fighters