Thread: Harvest Moon HOLV problem!!!!

Thanks

Default Harvest Moon HOLV problem!!!!

Hi guys..
    This is a problem relating to JPCSP.
    In Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley, when i run inside my house, the screen just flickers and it is not smooth..
    This also happens in FF VII CC, when i open the menu using triangle button and scroll down different options, the cursor and screen flickers. My configuration is:-

|Video|
    [x] Only GE graphhics (not recommended for homebrew)
    [-] Use vertex cache <---- Common cause for most out of memory errors, can give speedup in most cases.
    [-] Use shaders (experimental) <---- AMD | ATI | INTEL GPU's Disable if you have graphic problems.
    [-] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders) <---- AMD | ATI | INTEL GPU's Disable if you have graphic problems.
    [-] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
    [-] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
    [x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
    [-] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
    [-] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders rec for AMD/ATI)
    [-] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
    [-] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)

|Media|
    [x] Use Media Engine (Works only with 32bit JPCSP)
    [-] Extract media files to tmp folder
    [x] Decode audio files with sonic stage (you must have ss installed for this to work)
    [x] Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

|Compiler|
    [x] Use compiler (dynarec)
    [-] Output profiler into to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
    [500] Maximum method size

Legend
    [-] = Unchecked
    [x] = Checked

I hope u guys have a solution 4 my flickering problem cause its really a pain in the gut.
    Thanx in advance.
    Last edited by TheShade007; 17th-October-2011 at 15:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just throwing some random ideas out there: Try unchecking "only GE graphics". Also, be sure to use the latest version of the emulator. And finally, try the game without resizing the default window. Yeah, I know it'll be small, but just try it and see if the flickering remains.

Oh, and try the game on an older revision as well. You never know.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post
    Just throwing some random ideas out there: Try unchecking "only GE graphics". Also, be sure to use the latest version of the emulator. And finally, try the game without resizing the default window. Yeah, I know it'll be small, but just try it and see if the flickering remains.

Oh, and try the game on an older revision as well. You never know.
    I had the same problem when I tried the YGO Tag Force games, none of the options made a difference.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Then the game probably isn't fully compatible yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Disable all options on the Video tab, restart the emulator and run the game again.

'Only GE graphics' was known to produce the flicker/flashing screen, but if disabling it doesn't fix the problem, try using different revisions of the emulator.

Thanks

Iv'e tried HOLV myself and it pretty much does the same. just so you know it may not be your computer or something idk...
    Persona is so beast...