Thread: Question for whoever started this forum

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

Default Question for whoever started this forum

I've seen forum layouts exactly like this and i was wondering if you could tell me where to get a fourm layout or whatever its called for my site, i know it wil not be better than this forum, but i would really like to start one so people can tell me when links are broken and stuff like that. Thanks!

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

also, hoe do you change to color of the scroll bar thingie? and can anyone DL any of the GBA romz off my site?

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

I just tried it out, jerome 187, just for you, and I couldn't download the GBA Roms - it says this page cannot be displayed.

As for the forum, they used vBulletin to make it, I gather, but of course, I didn't make this site, so I'm not certain.

Thanks

It says vBulletin at the bottom of every page. Do a search on Jelsoft and vBulletin and you'll find your answers.

Thanks

thanks, i'm working on the links, i think my transfer limit was reached on the account with the GBA roms on it.

www.PacificMods.com

Thanks

But vBulletin isn't free though.

Thanks

vBulletin lite is free is there any better free forum thingies?

www.PacificMods.com

Thanks

vBulletin was like $200 for the setup

and plus you have to get your own server (with monthly charge).

Thanks

i just got vBulletin Lite for free, its freeware. And i know this guy that has his own server, its kinda crappy now, but he said hes installing Linux and a bunch of other stuff in a couple of days. vBulletin Lite uses either php or php3 and requires MySQL to work, he said he would try to make his server MySQL compatiable. Dose a forum need a dedicated server? He is hosting my site but not the romz and a couple of other sites, and he has a 512k connection, you think he will be able to support a forum? It will probbly be really small for a while.

www.PacificMods.com