Thread: add custom ringtone too a samsung SCPH phone?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default add custom ringtone too a samsung SCPH phone?

i think its Scph320, i'll verify later but point is i want a custom ringtone but this phone doesnt have an SDcard of any sort and doesnt apear when plugged in to my pc, so is there still a way to add a ringtone? like a website or something that will "download" the ringtone to my phone? NOT MODDING IT or hexediting it, ring tones arent worth risking breaking it

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If it doesn't appear when plugged into your pc you probably need the appropriate pc software for the phone and manufacturer.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

ok so its SPH-m320, and ive tried adding the company firmware, it did "jack" all

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The phone uses blue tooth so either have a friend bluetooth a few tubes or get a blue tooth dongle

I recently got a dongle for £1, though can't say I have a use for it yet... anyway they are cheap now

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SPH-M320ZSASPR has the usb software, the manual is also there, normally though you are given options when you plug your phone into a usb port (on the phone itself) e.g. mass storage ect, I know it has no mass storage but you may still get 2 other options I just don't remember what they are, one should be the phone memory
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-October-2011 at 09:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

keep in mind im on a macbook pro, so i automatically have bluetooth installed via hardware but my problem is i don't know how to use blue tooth, all i know about it is that its a wireless service, i don't know how to access it on my mac or my phone

also that software is an exe macs use dmg

EDIT: ok i just managed to connect my mac to my phone via bluetooth but it keeps trying to use it as an internet source and not to transfer data
    EDIT2: i found a program called bluetooth file exchange but when i open it and try to transfer the file it will start and disapear seemingly as if it were done, but i cant find the mp3 file on my phone? now it says "file transfer failed: internal error" i think it needs to be qcp format but i cant find a converter.
    EDIT3 just tried using http://mobilereelz.com/ it failed... im seriously getting frustrated now
    Last edited by luffy4; 16th-October-2011 at 16:24.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

On your phone end you will need to set it to data transfure rather than internet, if that is even possible (I did hook you up with the manual so if it is possible itr should tell you in that)

You are out of luck for USB as mac is not supported at all unless there is some 3rd party Mac version of the samsung software (I'm not going to look myself)

Your best bet if all else fails is to get a friend to blue tooth you some tunes from there phone

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

im reading those instructions and they seem to have many options my phone does not posses, like the ability to update the firmware, actually there is a picture within the manual, it looks EXACTLY like mine down to the colors except mine doesnt say SPRINT anywhere.

also my phone info says i have 4MB of memory (4000KB)
    Last edited by luffy4; 16th-October-2011 at 23:26.