Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X Remake/Remaster

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Raype, I love you even more now.

As for this, the only way I see it working is with some script changes and new English dubbing. Otherwise it's solid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Raype, I love you even more now.

As for this, the only way I see it working is with some script changes and new English dubbing. Otherwise it's solid.
    But the original voice actors were fantastic!

Nope, can't say that with a straight face. I can only agree heartily: Change the voice actors to competent people, and change a few of the more appalling scenes. The "laugh" scene was an atrocity, for example. Those of you who played Final Fantasy X will know what I'm talking about. And they will cringe at the memory.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What really needs to be dine is some fixes to the dialog. I like a lot of what they did in that game and I really like Seymour. Thing is that his goal doesn't match his reasons. He should be a hate filled bastard who wants to destroy the world for his suffering, not do it for their own good.

Thanks
    EP Points

What really needs to be dine is some fixes to the dialog. I like a lot of what they did in that game and I really like Seymour. Thing is that his goal doesn't match his reasons. He should be a hate filled bastard who wants to destroy the world for his suffering, not do it for their own good.
    I see why you would pick that but I think what the story devs' were trying to get at was to show how messed up he actually was, you know all that salvation shit
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    I see why you would pick that but I think what the story devs' were trying to get at was to show how messed up he actually was, you know all that salvation shit
    That's called bad writing. SE has had an annoying habit of mistaking emotionally charged plans as instantly perfect, when they rarely actually look into the character's actual mindset. They just make a sad story and say that's enough justification for whatever they want to have the character do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    But the original voice actors were fantastic!

Nope, can't say that with a straight face. I can only agree heartily: Change the voice actors to competent people, and change a few of the more appalling scenes. The "laugh" scene was an atrocity, for example. Those of you who played Final Fantasy X will know what I'm talking about. And they will cringe at the memory.
    If you aren't cringing, then they did something wrong. Since you're cringing, they got the intended feel spot-on. You do realize that was supposed to be completely awkward at first until they finally dissolve into real laughter from the sheer awkward and forced nature of it, right? That's the reason everyone else is staring at them like they've gone Kefka levels of mad through the entire scene. Making the laughter real through the whole thing would completely break the point.

Honestly, fix the liplock problems, which were the reason for most of the...awkward...pauses and eccenTRIC enunCIation, and the VA work is actually pretty good. Even Yuna, whose VA work improves by an order of magnitude whenever you can't see her mouth on the screen. Thanks to my niece, I'm actually playing through both the International and American versions of the game in parallel, and it actually compares favorably. I mean, the secondary VAs need a lot more work in the Ami version compared to the International version, but even there, I actually prefer some of the Ami version VAs (like the old geezers Maechen and Mika; raspy alone does not mean old).
    Last edited by Mistral; 29th-October-2011 at 01:20.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanmaster Ketos View Post
    If you aren't cringing, then they did something wrong. Since you're cringing, they got the intended feel spot-on. You do realize that was supposed to be completely awkward at first until they finally dissolve into real laughter from the sheer awkward and forced nature of it, right? That's the reason everyone else is staring at them like they've gone Kefka levels of mad through the entire scene. Making the laughter real through the whole thing would completely break the point.

Honestly, fix the liplock problems, which were the reason for most of the awkward pauses and eccentric...speech patterns, and the VA work is actually pretty good. Even Yuna.
    This is the funniest post ever. I used to say the same thing...until I replayed it recently. Oh dear god, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awful of a dub. You have a point about the laughing scene, except it sounded inhuman there, not simply forced. The direction for that dub was god awful.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is the funniest post ever. I used to say the same thing...until I replayed it recently. Oh dear god, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awful of a dub. You have a point about the laughing scene, except it sounded inhuman there, not simply forced. The direction for that dub was god awful.
    I'm replaying it right now, both versions in parallel, as I stated in the edit. *shrug*
    I never realized until my niece asked me about it just how rare a good pair of pants apparently is in Spira.
    Last edited by Mistral; 29th-October-2011 at 01:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have no faith in square anymore, but it would be great if they made a 3DS FF6 remake. Although with remaking a game it's still a long tiresome process, but if they remade FF7 they'd probably make 150 million dollars at minimum. Or they could just patch up 7 8 and 9 and release them all on a disc but those are just my opinions.

Thanks

Square-Enix you got me, where do I pre-order? Just please add some optional changes and maybe optional music updates. And probably add a Final Fantasy x-2 remake with all the international missions and then some. and make blitzball a multiplayer game! (or just a full fledged blitzball game!) (if you think these are awesome ideas Thumbs up please)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanmaster Ketos View Post

Honestly, fix the liplock problems, which were the reason for most of the...awkward...pauses and eccenTRIC enunCIation, and the VA work is actually pretty good. Even Yuna, whose VA work improves by an order of magnitude whenever you can't see her mouth on the screen. Thanks to my niece, I'm actually playing through both the International and American versions of the game in parallel, and it actually compares favorably. I mean, the secondary VAs need a lot more work in the Ami version compared to the International version, but even there, I actually prefer some of the Ami version VAs (like the old geezers Maechen and Mika; raspy alone does not mean old).
    Oh, I know that that was the intended feel, but they succeeded to well that it's still lodged into my brain as the single most awful thing I've ever watched in a video game, with the possible exception of Sonic's voice acting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I personally don't see the point in remaking games (or movies for that matter). If the original game was shite, then sure thing. I'm only guessing but when companies dedicate the majority of their time to making remakes, I'm guessing they're giving up on the whole game-making process or are in financial crisis. I didn't enjoy Final Fantasy X as much as the others before it but it looks polished by todays standards. Final Fantasy VII though, is my favourite game of all time. There is a team of people on the net that are remaking (at least graphically) the PC port of the game and I'm not really into it. I really like the distorted look to the characters. I find the more life-like they make characters look, the more ugly and non-human they come across. The only thing that I can always see goodness in, is the game mechanics working better and all around atmosphere (make sense?) - just creating better gameplay in a remake. RPGs can have bad controls, tedious tasks and a plot full of holes - this is where they can better the game, otherwise blagh!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmTeather View Post
    I personally don't see the point in remaking games (or movies for that matter). If the original game was shite, then sure thing. I'm only guessing but when companies dedicate the majority of their time to making remakes, I'm guessing they're giving up on the whole game-making process or are in financial crisis. I didn't enjoy Final Fantasy X as much as the others before it but it looks polished by todays standards. Final Fantasy VII though, is my favourite game of all time. There is a team of people on the net that are remaking (at least graphically) the PC port of the game and I'm not really into it. I really like the distorted look to the characters. I find the more life-like they make characters look, the more ugly and non-human they come across. The only thing that I can always see goodness in, is the game mechanics working better and all around atmosphere (make sense?) - just creating better gameplay in a remake. RPGs can have bad controls, tedious tasks and a plot full of holes - this is where they can better the game, otherwise blagh!
    They're there to cash in on the nostalgia-fanbase. Most people WOULD buy this if they loved the original version of the game. And yes, from what I know Square Enix IS in financial dire straits. Final Fantasy XIII, despite scoring high, didn't do particularly well from what I know (Note: Don't have actual facts ), and Final Fantasy XIV was an unmitigated DISASTER. They've been heamorrhaging money (whoo, over the top language use) left right and centre of late, and they need a few patchjobs. Deus Ex Human Revolution did them fairly well there, but Final Fantasy X is a relatively easy job with a relatively high amount of sales almost guaranteed to the old fanbase.

Changing the mechanics and the story will only set that fanbase against them. They want to play the old game, only prettier. Maybe with a few fixes, but they don't want the story to change. And speaking for myself, I don't want the mechanics to change, because if it resembles FF13's battle system in any way, I will most likely kill someone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Final Fantasy XIII, despite scoring high, didn't do particularly well from what I know (Note: Don't have actual facts ),
    Correction: it was the fastest selling entry in the series and also happens to be one of the highest selling total.

It was a huge success.

Thanks
    EP Points

From what I hear, people are also speculating an FFXII remake, but seriously, didn't that game just come out like 5 years ago? FFX would be the better choice to remake, though I never got that far into it (Lightning Plains) before I got sidetracked. I will start it again soon though!