Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Video games that were a huge Letdown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by retrofiber View Post
    Ok, well now that I've actually put some time into RE4 (I know, 6 years later) I can say with zero bias that its turning out to be a disappointment. Not as a game, as I do find it a bit addictive, but as an RE title…I just don’t feel like I’m playing a Resident Evil game. Puzzles are nil, and what’s with enemies running at you and then suddenly pacing themselves rather than pouncing on you? I had trouble passing the first village area, but since everything seems too easy.
    to me resident evil wasnt a survival horror at all i think its just an action game with puzzle aspects now i really have to question capcoms decision to turn resident evil from a "survival horror" to a 3rd person shooter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    to me resident evil wasnt a survival horror at all i think its just an action game with puzzle aspects now i really have to question capcoms decision to turn resident evil from a "survival horror" to a 3rd person shooter
    Yes. I meant to mention how 4 felt more like a shooter...Still more enjoyable than Outbreak though in my opinion

Which now that I think of it, outbreak was a huge let down w/ the incessant whining of other characters(reminiscent of a hot and cold system), the respawning of zombies, and the horrendous load times. Damn what a steaming pile...
    Last edited by retrofiber; 8th-November-2011 at 00:45.

Thanks

Yes. I meant to mention how 4 felt more like a shooter...Still more enjoyable than Outbreak though in my opinion
    yeah i will admit re4 is better than outbreak but i wish they made resident evil into a true survival horror game like clock tower well its like that just with more action based gameplay

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    ... a true survival horror game like clock tower well its like that just with more action based gameplay
    Always meant to try that game...thanks for reminding me.

Thanks

Always meant to try that game...thanks for reminding me.
    anytime theres the snes, ps1, and ps2 games for it im sure you will enjoy them like i have

Thanks
    EP Points

any video game that is a cross platform game (exception is star ocean 4 but that wasnt really great to begin with)

Thanks
    EP Points

Most recent letdown? LA Noire. I really had high hopes for it, but I found myself bored after a couple hours. Not nearly as fun, or even interesting as I had expected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprung For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I actually made the mistake of paying for the latest Final Fantasy Online (XIV). This was mind you after waiting vlose to a year after it's inital release. I thought, hey after a year-more quests, less bugs, patches will be up, more established players. Nope. Nothing-I gave it a good chance too. Even tried with different races to try out other areas. Literally, its a big open world with nothing to fill it. Few players, fewer quests, and no sense of direction, plot, guidance, or anything beyond the most basic of tutorials (which tell you how to move around and that is it). It has the title of the most depressing game of all time-because from the people who made Final Fantasy the sensation that it was, especially after doing such a excellent job of FF XII, it was a huge disappointment on every area-from artwork to plot to UI interface, a solid lack of effort that would get anyone expelled/fired from anyplace else.

Thanks

I'll toss Black and White 2, the talk of Fable reminded me of it.
    The original BaW was my time sink as a child so I was totally looking forward to playing BaW2, but they had simplified all the tedious and annoying tasks I'd grown to love with more simple, less time consuming alternatives.. Examples...
    Taking over towns was no longer required if you choose to play as good, if you just managed your starting city you'd eventually win the level.
    Training the giant cow was now easy as you could imprint life lessons on him/her from a menu, and spells were now bought for him/her with in-game money instead of hours of showing the stupid thing over and over how to light a village on fire.
    Creature combat was now automatic.. less spells in general.. less morally questionable.

Mostly I miss the way the creature was drawn to the daycare like a fat kid to a candy store... But if they made a 3rd game I'd buy it regardless.
    Politeness is a universal language and everyone knows how to speak it, but some don't choose to.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result" -Einstein

Thanks
    EP Points

Im gonna say it....

XenoBlade Chronicles.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for this "GroundBreaking" new Rpg for thw WII. But alas another big fat slap in the face.

I Really tried to like it, but OMG right from the start i found it boring and nothing i hadnt seen before.

I Would go into this further but i have to go hunt down Ninty Europe and tell em to hurry with Pandoras Tower

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Most recent letdown? LA Noire. I really had high hopes for it, but I found myself bored after a couple hours. Not nearly as fun, or even interesting as I had expected.
    It is more interesting, if you love L.A. Confidential and the 40s-50s atmosphere.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Im gonna say it....

XenoBlade Chronicles.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for this "GroundBreaking" new Rpg for thw WII. But alas another big fat slap in the face.

I Really tried to like it, but OMG right from the start i found it boring and nothing i hadnt seen before.

I Would go into this further but i have to go hunt down Ninty Europe and tell em to hurry with Pandoras Tower
    My brother quit playing it, not sure how fair in he got.

As for LA Noire... I still haven't even tried it. Just doesn't look like something I'd like (plus Rockstar is a shitty company).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackalsgroove View Post
    I actually made the mistake of paying for the latest Final Fantasy Online...
    When FF went online was when I knew my and its relationship would never be the same. I loved square, I loved Enix...but I really have no feelings for Square Enix.

Thanks

originally, xenosaga episode 1... (its less sucky now... so I can't say that it was a letdown)

white knight chronicles origins (psp) this is my opinion it's not a bad game, I just didn't like the way it played.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Uncharted 2. Not a HUGE letdown. But a letdown nonetheless.