Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Video games that were a huge Letdown

Thanks

To people who bash FFXIV... I really appreciate the chance.
    I prefer FFXI all the way, since the jobs system is purely the classic jobs, not some aptitude system that is decided by what your character is holding, the game isn't, similar to DC Universe Online, attempting to code for the PS3 first, and the PC second, with specifications that are way over the top, and a over-reliance on very restrictive paths between areas.

Now, FFXI isn't without it's faults, like the fact you only get equipment for whatever job you begin with, and that's all until you earn enough gil, and the ability to earn money is difficult for a goodly part of the game, but FFXIV takes those faults up to 11, with shops that are hard to find, and no real rhyme and reason to anything.

Really, If you're going for FF Online, go for XI. It's $30 for the entire game, and it's monthly fees can be paid for using Square's Crysta currency, which can be bought with Paypal.
    If you see someone who says they enjoy FFXIV, they're clearly delusional.

Thanks

Just as a quick question-are the FF XI servers still running? I asked a gamestop employee on this, and he said they were gone. Do private servers exist due to this now or ? I loved FF XI and wanted to play it again but I was under the impression it was a dead game.

Back on topic: I really am disapointed in Spore. Oh it is a great game, very fun-but I thought it would of been so much better as a mmo, with actual player interactions etc. Would of been awesome. Especially when the galactic adventures expansion came out. Fun as it is solo, it could of been completely over the top L33T if they had made it for multiple playes instead. Love the game, but am always sad this never happened.

Thanks

Halo Reach was my biggest letdown of 2010.

Thanks

Spiderman Web of Shadows. Huge let down. 1 Sidescrolling "action" 2 Beat 'em up. 3 The WORST ending ever for ANY game.! Usually one might complain the credits are too long, or the music is too long.. NOT this one.. You beat it, and ur already back at the main menu goin wtf just happened?? no movie.. no credits.. no music.. no harder mode.. no bonus.. like its the first time you've played the game.. very very disappointing.. i own a lot of spiderman games , i wish i never bought this one!

Thanks

I was highly disapointed with Chrono Trigger. The game had been so hyped that by the time I got around to trying it the game did not even come close to meeting my expectations. The story left no impression on me (I literally can't remember anything past Crono's trial and I completed the entire game to get the... not hardest ending but the one that required the most gameplay to beat I guess?). The battle system was interesting but felt about like most other rpgs so there was nothing groundbreaking there. The only thing that seemed really 'great' about the game is the multiple endings and I have never been a fan.

Spoiler warning:

Oh I did just remember the part about a certain character dying, but cmon, the game is ABOUT time travel was anyone actually dumb enough to think he would be permanetly gone? It wasn't really all that moving or effective considering he was a silent protagonist so he had no character and once again it was obvious he would be revived.

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 25th-November-2011 at 22:12.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

These are the spoiler tags, I've edited your post so the text doesn't show.

[spoiler]textgoeshere[/spoiler]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

But see, the thing is with Chrono Trigger...

Spoiler warning:
    You can play through the rest of the game, which is just a bunch of side quests, and beat the final boss without saving Crono. So really, no, it's not obvious that he has to be revived.

Thanks

FFXI servers are still up. They combined a few back in the day.

The game has changed A LOT in the past few years.

And to be a contribution to the topic, I'd say my biggest disappointment in gaming would be Hellgate London. It was supposed to be like Diablo 2.5 in third person or something. Turned out so bad the servers didn't stay up but for about a year. I was a sad panda.
    Last edited by zeroDOTjon; 26th-November-2011 at 00:39.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've always been a fan of multiple endings, my favourite part of any rpg as well as optional bosses that are hard as eff. Usually if the game is good enough I will go for every ending.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, Chrono Trigger was a good game, just not nearly as good as I thought it would be. Whether or not I like multiple endings really depends on the game I'm playing, but generally I don't prefer them. I did however think of another game which was ar more disapointing. Kingdom Hearts RE:coded. I know it was originally a cell phone game but still. 358/2 was my favorite in the series, so when Re: Coded came out I was highly disapointed.

Thanks

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but Super Paper Mario was really disappointing. My favorite aspect of the first two was that they weren't platformers. Sure, they had some platforming in them, but for the most part they were regular RPGs with that classic Mario charm. It wasn't bad, just underwhelming.
    We got so much in common, except when it comes to rhyming
    She feel like lyrics are so intrusive, but I feel about her the way she feels about music
    She's cute, she don't like the words, she just likes the beat and I'm thinking me too

Thanks
    EP Points

Grandia 3.
    The first 2 games had a great story and fun battle system.
    Grandia 3 gets rid of the good story, but still has the fun battle system.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Grandia 3.
    The first 2 games had a great story and fun battle system.
    Grandia 3 gets rid of the good story, but still has the fun battle system.
    HOW DARE YOU hehe

ITS AWESOME

AND have you finished it yet? Or even played alot of it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    HOW DARE YOU hehe

ITS AWESOME

AND have you finished it yet? Or even played alot of it?
    Yes I've played it.
    It's still a dissapointment compared to the first 2 games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Yes I've played it.
    It's still a dissapointment compared to the first 2 games.
    Yeah i know its not as good, but its better than grandia extreme

Last edited by Darklinky; 27th-November-2011 at 19:05.