Thread: tomb raider psx 1&2 issues

Thanks

Default tomb raider psx 1&2 issues

ima try to paint a good pic for u... i download the file using win zip also tried win rar... i extract files to my folder... heres the problem i dont get one bin file i get several files titled tracks... i switch them over usin unpack iso and they all turn to bin files... now when i mount track one into my emulator (psxfin via torrent dl) it runs fine thru the intro but when i press x to play the screen goes blank i tried mounting other tracks but it says improper heading... i tried a lotta things b4 i cam to the forums so im needing help.. is there some way to compile all the tracks into one img or bin file.... thanks...

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok first off 7zip is preferred over win-rar winzip is obsolete these days what you have sounds like split files with the original files you downloaded put them all in the same folder and with 7 zip just click on the first file .001 and hit extract here it will automatically extract the rest and recompile

the invalid header reading is because the others don't have a header they are meant to be one file not many parts.

link to 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/

hope this helps.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

nope... there are 56 files labled tracks.ape track one is an ecm file in a zip folder the rest are unzipped ape files... i did what u said and i got same result.... frustrated im not tryna play the jap. version on rom station i want the amer. version...

Thanks
    EP Points

oh OK your talking about .ape files have a look here then it deals with ecm and ape files this should solve your problem don't forget to click the thanks button to give credit to zorlon for posting the guide.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=unecm
    Last edited by Knightshade; 13th-October-2011 at 17:45. Reason: forgot to post link

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You just need the relevent cue file to run the game by instead of directly loading up the bin file

Look for cue's & sbi's in the post linked above

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok so i ran mac fround the cue. file, all saved in my tomb raider folder... now what, cuz it still wont run past the intro screen, i loaded the bin file via (insert cd image) psx v1.13 but its still not working so im sure im missing a step...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mount the cue in a virtual CD Drive if psx v1.13 can not open the cue directly

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

im sry dude im slow whats a v cd drive thanks for all the help im bout to give up and find another game or a new emulator

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A V-CD drive is a virtual drive that acts like a real CD-Rom drive but instead of running real CD's it runs CD Images

Macs toast used to be able to do that

D-Tools Lite if you can use it http://www.daemon-tools.cc/ this is free by the way (you only need to pay if you are using it for a company)

ePSXe 1.7.0 can open cue sheets directly by the way
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-October-2011 at 05:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]