Thread: Final Fantasy IV - Noticable Lag in DesMuMe

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy IV - Noticable Lag in DesMuMe

Having an issue with FFIV. To make it plain, I'm having lag at just about every instance met. Noticeable frame rate loss during any form of cutscene or any room with "complex" or dynamic polygons and animations. I've done as much as I can to allocate my 8 GB of RAM plus 1 GB of Video RAM to the emulator (DesMuMe Ver. 0.9.7 x64 msvc 1500). Increased page filing size, set program to real-time priority, and still, I can't seem to change the amount of resources the emulator can receive in order to stabilize its performance.

I know it's not much to the game's playability as far as the lag goes. And DS players complain of lag too, not just emulation users, but is there any way I can beef up this emulator's performance so it can run the game at optimum standards? It's a beautiful game and I have a monster of a machine put together, but I can't put the resources I've got in this machine to use and it's just a damn shame.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think that one takes a patch on No$GBA, but I don't think it lagged enough to be memorable. Mainly, it was extremely difficult to use the mouse for the touch screen. I used Compatibility mode to run as 640x480 which made the emulator fit the screen, with each screen being about half of screen height.

Not sure how much DesMuMe is since I haven't used it.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to 3D settings, and see if SoftRasterizer is selected for the Renderer.

Graphic card and RAM is irrelevant, higher CPU is required to run DeSmuMe without lags.