Thread: PakkISO Help Needed

Thanks

Exclamation PakkISO Help Needed

Not sure if There is a post dedicated to this issue but i see others having it too.

When I try to unpakk a .ecm file type i just get a flash of the command line(im guessing) and nothing else. nothing changes. im trying to play FF VIII [NTSC-U] and i can't because it doesnt let me unpakk the game. i have 4 files in the folder. a .ccd, .cue, .ecm, and a .sub. i have past experience with playing psx games like LoD, and Legend of Legaia, and some others but i have never had to use pakkiso.

Some help with this issue would be great. i read a post where the admin stated the the [e] version was anti copy protected and he recommended using the [u] version which i am and i still get the flash.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's the ECM file. ECM is just another compression. You need ECM Tools

http://www.neillcorlett.com/cmdpack/

Just unzip it and you'll see a file called unecm DRAG your ecm file over top of it and it will extract. Then you can burn or load or whatever way you play the game.

ECM works great with cd images that's why it's used sometimes to cut down on size for downloading etc..