Thread: How can i Find Latest Version of PCSX2?

Thanks

Default How can i Find Latest Version of PCSX2?

Where and how can i find out if there is a new version of the PCSX2 (PS2 Emulator), currently i have 9.8
    is there a newer version or a link i can be directed to learn of any new or upcoming versions?

Thanks
    EP Points

Try the news page of the official site.

http://pcsx2.net/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Milady For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Exclamation SPU2-X 2.0

ty for the link. i thought that SPU2-X 2.0 was a different version of the PCSX2 9.8, but SPU2-X 2.0 seems to be a .DLL, an application extension file, do i put this into my PCSX2 directory?
    Last edited by B Twerly; 10th-October-2011 at 06:43. Reason: typo

Thanks
    EP Points

SPU2-X 2.0 is a plug-in so it go inside the plugin directory (run pcsx2, open config menu and enable under sound)

If you need lastest version of emulators you can check this:

http://www.emucr.com/

Today new build: PCSX2 SVN r4929!

Thanks

Question

so SPU2-X 2.0 is just a sound plug in?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, just put it on the Plugins folder, and it'll appear on the sound plugin menu,
    or just download the latest revision of the emulator, which you can get it from here.

Thanks

hi, am sorry for the bug on everyone here im new to this and would like to learn a thing or two if its ok with anyone on here i would just like to learn how to install jpcsp?? and pcsx tha ps2 on my laptop if any help would be great thank you and have a gewd day
    1_life_1_love

Thanks
    EP Points

For pcsx2 visit: http://pcsx2.net/guide.php

Never used but it easier than pcsx2: Jpcsp is a java based emulator so install/update java first, decompress the emu archive, run the emulator. Check the forum under "JPCSP - Playable Games" for compatibility / or <game name> configuration tips.

If you've trouble to setup the emus post your hardware specs (with 2GHz CPU and a decent graphics card pcsx2 run at 25 fps+- )

Thanks

DAMN!! lol u lost me at "JPCSP - playable games haha sorry dude like i said im new to everything here and if you dont mind showing me what you meant with all that you said??? that would be real helpfull thank u if you do and if not than thank you also for waisting your time on me, have a gewd day add me im new member to this whole thing and would like to learn more thanks.
    1_life_1_love

Thanks
    EP Points

A little tutorial for PCSX2:

- Download the emulator from: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php, decompress the archive (let’s say you extract the emu to c:\PSX2)
    - Download all the plugins from http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn and decompress them inside the plugin directory (inside the c:\psx2\plugin directory)
    - Dump the PSX2 bios from a real console or search the web for one (try to find: a PAL, a NTSC and J bios, so you can play all games). Put the inside the bios dir (c:\psx2\bios)
    - Insert a PSX2 game disk on DVD drive or mount the iso.
    - Run PCSX2, go to config and select configure. If the combo boxes are empty click on "set plugins directory" and select c:\psx2\plugin then "set bios directory" and select c:\psx2\bios
    - Now configure the emulator plugins (select a plugin and press the configure buttons), for now don't change anything, configure only the "first controller" ( keyboard or joystick?) and the cdvdrom (some plugin can read iso so no need to mounting/burning). Then select the correct bios from "bios" (a PAL bios for European games, NTSC for American etc.).
    - Exit configuration menu and use "file|run cd/dvd", play...

Later you can improve the graphics, sound etc. via plugins.

Tip: start with something easy like a bi-dimensional platform

For JPCSP: the emu run few games, most have corrupted graphics, no sound or run at 2-3 fps. Most Games run on unique configuration. You must check the "Playable game list" and see if you favorite games run on decent fps, with sound, full graphics & effects. Otherwise you waste your time (i'm new on emulator and i don't know how to run a game, what i did wrong? Aaarghh, why me! Alas & Woe. After checkl the list: Eureka is the emulator!)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't waste your time trying to emulate PSP games.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.