Thread: Wanting to send a phat ps3 omewhere for repairs "YLOD"

Thanks

Default Wanting to send a phat ps3 omewhere for repairs "YLOD"

So i got this Ps3 from my buddy it had the ylod, he got it fixed once after it messed up couple months later, the 2nd time he said F it and got a new slim, i want to save it as it a ps2 backwards compatible one.

So first i guess i want to get a high quality repair done, with a warranty and i really don't want to pay more than 125$ cause i could get a working one after that, dose anyone have a good recommendation as far as where to getting it repaired?

Also is it really worth it do you guys think? i will be putting CFW on it if i get it fixed, so.... not sure what size the hdd is. the local pc place takes a look at them going to call tomorrow.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd get someone with a proper reballing station to reball the GPU with leaded solder.

And you need to make sure its OFW isn't higher than 3.55 otherwise no CFW for you!

Thanks

Well its been sitting in my closet for atleast 2 years now so i can only hope its fw is low enough, thinking about trying this guy...ps3repairman.com/ps3-repair-services/ps3-reballing-service
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205