Thread: Another company does someting for 3DS users that Nintendo should have done...

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Another company does someting for 3DS users that Nintendo should have done...

Story:
    http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/201...ass_to_the_web
    Site:
    http://passid.ca/

PassID Takes StreetPass To the Web

Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2011 by James Newton
    Learn more about your StreetPassers

Learn more about your StreetPassers

Spacial profiling

The 3DS's StreetPass function is nice to have, but the 16 character limit restricts any real information being shared, with no option to enter a Friend Code either. There have been numerous website workarounds, with the latest being PassID.

Visitors can sign up for a profile displaying their Mii, Mii QR code, Friend Code and a short biography. The site then generates a web address short enough to fit in your StreetPass quote: passid.ca/jn for example.

If someone uses your link to add you as a friend on the site you'll receive a notification, prompting you to add them to your own friends list and your 3DS list if you so choose, a godsend as the console itself has no friend request notifications, of course.

There's also a group feature that lets you join up with other 3DS owners with common interests, including an official Nintendo Life group. If you're struggling to join up, find us on page 8.
    Here is mine:
    http://passid.ca/lizard
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 14th-October-2011 at 19:59. Reason: Quoted part added..

Thanks
    EP Points

That URL was shortened to "ass to the web." I was very disappointed.

Anyways, I imagine this site/app/feature is going to be loved by 3DS users. I wonder if there was a reason Nintendo never implemented such functionality into the 3DS, there is obviously a demand for it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Not Your Average Geek View Post
    That URL was shortened to "ass to the web." I was very disappointed.

Anyways, I imagine this site/app/feature is going to be loved by 3DS users. I wonder if there was a reason Nintendo never implemented such functionality into the 3DS, there is obviously a demand for it.
    I didn't even notice that.

Well, I hope it is good. I know like...3 people here have a 3ds, so I thought this would be useful.