Thread: Have you ever bought and enjoyed something you weren't the target audience for?

Thanks

Default Have you ever bought and enjoyed something you weren't the target audience for?

Recently whilst working I haven't had the time to read but had a lot time where I could work and listen to audiobooks. So i decided to listen to the Millenium Trilogy and really enjoyed it.

A few weeks after I was bored again and found an audio book that was very popular called the hunger games. After a few chapters my schedule slackened and I decided to buy the book. I spent about 20-30 minutes checking SCI-FI, fantasy, Fiction, author name and title. Before deciding to ask behind the counter. 24 year old me steps up to the counter asks about the book and the assistant uttered the words "We have it, its under teen fiction"

Never before had I felt to old for something. However I did enjoy the book and bought the other 2 and enjoyed them too. I will not be looking forward to the films as I suspect they will be moody twilight style films.

Do you have a guilty pleasure you are considered to old for? If so what is it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy87 View Post
    Recently whilst working I haven't had the time to read but had a lot time where I could work and listen to audiobooks. So i decided to listen to the Millenium Trilogy and really enjoyed it.

A few weeks after I was bored again and found an audio book that was very popular called the hunger games. After a few chapters my schedule slackened and I decided to buy the book. I spent about 20-30 minutes checking SCI-FI, fantasy, Fiction, author name and title. Before deciding to ask behind the counter. 24 year old me steps up to the counter asks about the book and the assistant uttered the words "We have it, its under teen fiction"

Never before had I felt to old for something. However I did enjoy the book and bought the other 2 and enjoyed them too. I will not be looking forward to the films as I suspect they will be moody twilight style films.

Do you have a guilty pleasure you are considered to old for? If so what is it?
    I wouldn't call sci-fi and fantasy fiction a teen genre. Regardless of the supposed demographic, I've always enjoyed the genre.

As for the specific question, anime and fantasy fiction.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Handheld consoles in general.

I can't quite put my finger on what I think the supposed demographic is, but I feel like it's not me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Read the Harry Potter books through my late 20's. Dunno if that's exactly just for kids since so many ages have read them, but my next one....

I still buy the odd Transformer toy. Not for collecting. Just because Oh hey that looks fun.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Read the Harry Potter books through my late 20's. Dunno if that's exactly just for kids since so many ages have read them.
    Speaking of this try going to the library and getting a Harry Potter book, here's a hint you will find it next to books like the little engine that could. :Awkward:

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

I think Harry Potter was a bit more accepted. The later books certainly felt geared more towards the late teen adults unlike...
    Last year curiosity got the better of me and I bought a pre-owned version of Pokemon leaf green (pokemon blue/red remake) and got some strange looks of the guy behind the counter. I was able to convince him it was a present for a cousin.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy87 View Post

I think Harry Potter was a bit more accepted. The later books certainly felt geared more towards the late teen adults unlike...
    Last year curiosity got the better of me and I bought a pre-owned version of Pokemon leaf green (pokemon blue/red remake) and got some strange looks of the guy behind the counter. I was able to convince him it was a present for a cousin.
    I actually did the same thing when I bought the last three Harry Potter books. When I was 23.