Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why Americans think Portugal is a Spanish province????

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wonder where the tracks went .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Well, I knew that Portugal was a country... but I did once have a failure moment when I accidentally tried to translate Portuguese as if it was Spanish... some of the words were either the same or very close to the same. Epic fail on my part until I was all like... Derp! and knew it was Portuguese... it only took me three days...

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, that was painful to watch. I want to believe that was just some parody video and not for real. Hell, that chick probably learned geography with this.

The dude's facial expression at 0:48 was priceless, though.

Edit: Oh, and on-topic, of course Portugal is a country. In other news, the sky is blue.
    Last edited by Gare; 16th-October-2011 at 09:16.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Point being, the only 'glamorous' careers for the rare American who has a brain are doctors(drug pimp in a white coat) or lawyer(useless socialite). Lots of folks make a good living selling drugs with no college education. And lawyers tend to be lapdogs of the corrupt.

So I'll go ahead and amend my quote to fit your limited comprehension. "There is ONE television program in America that features Intelligent, Educated people of conscience."

But back on topic, I bet Mistral is American.
    No, I just think your stereotyping is overly skewed, but I'm tired and unwilling to fight with you over doctors and lawyers as well as perceptions of intelligence in the common media. I also fail to see how my perceived nationality is relevant. I just don't like overplayed jokes, like Amis (or Polacks) are stupid, Russians are drunkards and stupid, and especially how French are cheese-eating surrender monkeys.
    I actually can't think of the last time I heard a Polack joke, come to think of it. I think they've pretty much all been repurposed to blonde jokes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    No, I just think your stereotyping is overly skewed, but I'm tired and unwilling to fight with you over doctors and lawyers as well as perceptions of intelligence in the common media. I also fail to see how my perceived nationality is relevant. I just don't like overplayed jokes, like Amis (or Polacks) are stupid, Russians are drunkards and stupid, and especially how French are cheese-eating surrender monkeys.
    I actually can't think of the last time I heard a Polack joke, come to think of it. I think they've pretty much all been repurposed to blonde jokes.
    There's a difference between a joke and blatant stupidity. I don't mind a joke, my friend makes Polack jokes at random (being that I'm half). The thought that most Americans are lacking in intelligence some people seem to have, is the latter. There are plenty of countries in much worse shape than the United States. Perhaps we should dig up something ridiculous and out of context on a random European country?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Louie the Magician View Post
    Perhaps we should dig up something ridiculous and out of context on a random European country?
    OHMIGAWD LETS DO IT.