Thread: Running FPse on Xperia Play, corrupted ISO?

Thanks

Default Running FPse on Xperia Play, corrupted ISO?

I'm able to run various roms from this website.

So far I've gotten Breath of Fire 4 and Crash Bandicoot 3, Tactics Ogre didn't work, had to download it from another site.

For some reason, though, every copy of FF VII I've tried to download gives me a 'Warning: ISO corrupted or is not 2352 bytes/sectors'. I've had to go into the file of each of the FFVII downloads and delete the ecm from the file name to convert it to the VLC format that FPse seems to prefer, but never had to do it for the other roms.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried converting the ISO to work on the Play's native PSX emulator?

Thanks

Which program do you suggest I use? I used bin2iso but it always seemed to make the files turn into zips that I couldn't unzip.

Also, what do I do when I get a rom that has 3 separate file formats in the download folder?

Thanks

Well, it seems that when I can download something that's already an ISO it works fine. Converting doesn't seem to work too well.

Thanks

I get the message on anything that is a .bin

I just tried Colin Mcrae 2 and got the error message, 'Warning: ISO corrupted or is not 2352 bytes/sectors' so then I hit the menu button > quit > reset.

the game now loads with the message HLE mode enabled, No bios set.

then go to the menu > settings > select your bios file > menu button > quit > reset.

your game should now work with full saving ability, however if you play ff8 and have grey backgrounds (as the FMV doesn't load) don't panic as there is a glitch to solve this you need to load your save not from the FPse menu but from the in game save and then load your FPse save. Also my game kept freezing when aboard the ragnorak and I had to upload the game to my pc get past that scene (FMV needed the music to sync) save it and carry on from my Xperia.

Sorry if I bombarded you with irrelevant information and if need some additional information (settings I am running etc..) then post back. Hope that made sense and more importantly worked!

Edit - make sure you have the most up to date FPse, I have 0.10.5.4
    Last edited by scruffy87; 18th-September-2011 at 12:27.

Thanks

I tried doing that trick with FF7 and I got a page that had all color errors. Like all the pre-rendered images were messed up with random colors and pixelation. I move to a new area and it fixes the pixelation. I'll let you know if it fixes the FF7 cutscene grey screen problem.
    Last edited by DameonLG; 26th-September-2011 at 17:10.

Thanks

I get the same issue but if you move area or load up the menu it fixes itself. I guess until someone works out the format of the Playstation Pocket there will always be niggles with emulation. How did you get on with the FMV?