Okay, I consider myself a hardcore classic gamer. So hardcore in fact that I have not owned a modern system in years, and the few times I played one was because someone else wanted me to. I didn't enjoy it much. I admit to even being a bit elitist about it... I'll thumb my nose at most mdoern games on the basis that 'they aren't the same quality'. I usually find I am right. I have met a few modern games that are great, but they seem to me the exception not the norm. The very latest systems I have played with any consistency are XBOX, PS2, and Dreamcast and I don't play those much at all. My main systems are NES, SNES, N64, PSX, Genesis, Master System, and old arcade games (Pacman baby!). Also old windows dos games. Admittedly, I don't touch Atari or similar systems much so maybe I am not /too/ hardcore.

Anyway, I seem to be either an extreme minority or just very weird. I have a lot of gamer friends (some who grew up in the era of Zelda I, and Mario Bros. atleast) and they cannot understand why I prefer old games to new ones even if they used to play the games themselves. What's up with that? My friend is all 'You should buy a PS3 and plays Gears of War!' and I'm all 'Nah, I'm playing Turok. Go away.'. (I have played Modern Shooters btw, I OWN Borderlands. It just doesn't do much for me...).

So, do you have this problem? What do you think of it honestly? I am pretty sre its not just nostalgia for me because if it were it'd have worn off by now.