Thread: Need help configuring a 360 controller for Wii waggle motions

Thanks

Default Need help configuring a 360 controller for Wii waggle motions

I am trying to configure my 360 controller for wagglefest Wii games, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried assigning the tilt buttons to the right joystick and I assigned forward and backward to the left and right tumb buttons (aka L3 and R3 if it was on a PS3 controller). I tried hitting the different directions on the right joystick in Star Wars: Clone Wars - Lightsaber Duel, but I couldn't attack at all. I managed to get 2 of the motions to work by assigning the x, y, and z shakes to buttons, but that is only 2 out of the 5 motions required for the game. I am a complete noob at emulations, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do I set up the 360 controller to work with turning motions? In Super Mario Galaxy, I am supposed to tilt the Wii remote 90 degrees to the left to turn left in the manta ray water race galaxy, but I can't figure out how to configure the 360 controller to do this motion.

Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

try to avoid using analog sticks or the lower triggers and it should work fine

the analog controls can be a pain because not all software will register the presses correctly because of the changes from 0 to 255 so it's not just an on off switch that most controls are

though if it is after analog try setting it to use the lower triggers as those are analog as much as the sticks are

Personly I own a Wii anyway, so don't emulate the thing

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Okay, so I should assign the swing motions to buttons instead of the analog joystick, correct? Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah thats the idea though like I said I don't emulate that system as I own a Wii... actually I still have a GameCube aswell though not sure why I kept that to be honest... GBA on TV maybe as I do have the GameBoy Player aswell... dunno not had that out for a couple of years now.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It didn't work. The closest I've managed to do is have all 3 Wiimote & Nunchuk shakes (X, Y, and Z) assigned to buttons. I don't get all the motions, but I do get most. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.