Thread: A "Where to post help" sticky in each of the Upload Services sub-forums?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default A "Where to post help" sticky in each of the Upload Services sub-forums?

As the title implies, I think a sticky on each of the sub-forums (probably just a copy/paste of the same thing for each one) that simply links to the corresponding Everything Emulation sub-forum would theoretically lower useless "how do i use this" posts, and also perhaps help people with a genuine issue. Also, maybe a reiteration about what they need to post when asking for help may be useful.

Just a suggestion. Hell, I'll even write them myself if you want.

Spoiler warning:
    Although it could very well be futile .

Thanks
    EP Points

People would actually have to read the stickies, in order to benefit from them.

I'm actually having a hard time understanding exactly what it is you think should be contained in these stickies of yours. Links from the Uploads services to the Everything Emulation section? I think it's already pretty obvious that if you have a question about a PS2 game you might have found in the PS2 section, then you should probably ask in the Sony Systems section of Everything Emulation.

We've had at least one thread in the past detailing what information should be posted when asking for help, but they were outdated and removed. Also, generally ignored.

Thanks
    EP Points

No matter how well a site is constructed there will always be people who join and post right away in any subforum for any help they may need. Just nature of the beast, that's why there's staff to move things around/point them in the right direction. EP has a multitude of conjoining links to bring people to the faqs and help they need already - anything more is just redundant.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

A "what to post when asking for help!" sticky thread is available in every subforum in Everything Emulation