Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast Collection

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Red face Dreamcast Collection

Just this week there is a Sega Sale on steam and now I've been wating for at least a 50% off sale on the Dreamcast collection since only 2 of the 4 games even interest me (Sonic Adventure DX and Crazy Taxi) and wow... Sega really broke em well not so heavy on Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing but on the 2 more popular ones Sonic and Crazy Taxi!

Where to start...

Sonic Adventure DX is a Broken mess which is actually far worse than the original PC Release which would have made more sence to use that and update it a little, for some reason sega whipped the slate clean and reported it

Right off the back the Config Menu doesn't work. just plain does not work you have to move the Config.ini from the game folder to Documents/Sega/SonicAdventureDX then manually edit it for changes to take effect... then there's the ingame issues

Well on level 1 ive fallen through the floor twice at a clipping point and done some wierd things all in one small section, in this video i try to recreate my falling though the floor but end up doing a whole load of other bugs instead but you will see the clipping point (especially in the 2nd attempt)

I've fallen through another platform or two in the second level...

Oh Also dont alt tab

Also how comes this new release cannot do 1080p unboxed but the original release could by just giving a wider viewing angle?

Crazy Taxi.... well the config menu actually works in this one and is the only one out of the four that did work but Sega still mess it up. The Menu Guys voice is of a horrid quality, they removed the original music and all the real world stores for other place holders. hell if you stay still and wait you cant even hear the guy speak over the music complain you have to pick up someone.

Then again other than Sound issues the game seems to perform solidly.. I just got to work out how to replace the music and ill be all set.

The other 2 seem to work ok except there config menu although none of these games although have pre configured layouts for the 360 controller actually show them in game which is rather annoying when say trying to test Space Channel 5 Part 2 its telling me to press S to shoot... wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a music game (which btw it was A on a 360 controller)

Well Sega said they would fix this mess.... 7 Months ago. good old Sega have not done anything actually.

Thankfully I got it all for only 2.49€ and i spose its worth that much but Sega really need to get there act together even there ports are getting lazier by the minute

Just wanted to vent my displeasure and see if others have similar thoughts and feelings on it
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 23rd-September-2011 at 08:20.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sonic Adventure was a glitchy mess anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thats true but it wasnt as bad as this I must say

Thanks
    EP Points

Sad to hear about Crazy Taxi. I noticed some glitches in the PSP version that seemed a bit irresponsible, such as the street turning into a pixelated mess like certain other driving games that aren't completely compatible in epsxe. Not to go off topic but yeah if developers are going to redo the classics they should be AT LEAST as good as the originals. I couldn't believe that the KOF collection on PSP had loading problems during some special moves. That's just ridiculous. I had to sell that game because of that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Personally I won't be getting the Dreamcast Collection, regardless. SEGA pulled one of their usual moves here. "Hrmm, we'll announce the collection with a great deal of press and then confirm the games in it later to keep people hyped!"

Then they release the list of games, to find that it's the same games they'd already re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-released on PSN, XBox Live, etc. The collection had such enormous potential for games many collectors would've bought in a heartbeat. For me, it would've been Skies of Arcadia. For others it would've been Shenmue. I'd have gotten it if it had Sonic Adventure 2, because they didn't re-re-re-re-re(well, you get it)release that one on PSN and XBox Live yet. But nope, back to the already re-done bandwagon for another few cheap sales.

Then to find that the glitchy messes have been retouched to be even glitchier? You know what SEGA? You could've done SLIGHTLY better on this one. Ever so slightly. I'm a bloody evil genius and I wouldn't have inflicted anything like this on people you incomprehensibly evil BASTARDS.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah lash, definitely a weak move. Of course I will never need to bother since I have real DC copies of anything they'd ever rerelease lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah lash, definitely a weak move. Of course I will never need to bother since I have real DC copies of anything they'd ever rerelease lol.
    Oh if only...

I still want to give Skies of Arcadia a good playthrough, but yeah.

(Yes, I realise I can probably play a pirated copy fairly easily, given the DreamCast's nonexistant protection, but I've never got the time to take care of it)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah it's a pretty fun game. It would definitely be cool to see them rerelease it but you know they won't because "it wouldn't sell well" or something like that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah it's a pretty fun game. It would definitely be cool to see them rerelease it but you know they won't because "it wouldn't sell well" or something like that.
    Yes it would, but they prefer to ride the hype rather than to actually do it.

To quote Terry Pratchett:

"A sausage salesman needs to be able to sell the sizzle, but eventually he has to be able to produce the sausage."

SEGA's been remarkably good at forgetting about that last step of late.

Thanks

Mmm.. Sausage.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    Mmm.. Sausage.
    "topic? What's that?"

But yeah, the DreamCast Collection sucks, but I hope it's set a precedent for SEGA, and if they release a collection 2, they might actually include a few highly desired games.

Thanks
    EP Points

I downloaded it, and didn't like it. I can get SADX to run on widescreen on my PC, or even on Null DC (my preferred DC emu). And some games got lag on my system, that I don't get on the emulator with the original games. If SEGA releases DCC 2, I want Sonic Adventure 2. And of course, they would have to put better work on it, I don't know, maybe by adding some filters, or better options.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lasharus View Post
    "topic? What's that?"

But yeah, the DreamCast Collection sucks, but I hope it's set a precedent for SEGA, and if they release a collection 2, they might actually include a few highly desired games.
    It would be pretty sweet to see a release of SoA and Shenmue on the PC.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    It would be pretty sweet to see a release of SoA and Shenmue on the PC.
    I've got Shenmue, and I must admit that it sorta failed to draw me in, but I understand why it's such a valued title. Would love to see SoA though. As an RPG-player, that game's supposed to be outright fantastic, so yeah.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All I can think of when I see SoA is Baldur's Gate 2. 8)