Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPCSP and problem running a game.

Thanks

Default JPCSP and problem running a game.

I haven't posted here in a long time, so I'm back for help, since this is my first time dealing with an emulator that's not Project 64 or ZSNESW. I figured I'd download Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to try, and downloaded this JPCSP...
    Took me about 5 hours to get the freakin game...anyways, even though the download was an ISO....there's no ISO file in the download. o_0
    Um....what am I supposed to do here? Did I just waste 5 hours for nothing? The folder contains a lot of files, but nothing that's ISO or CSO related....I'm confused as heck. What am I supposed to do here to get this game running?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BellGoRiiing View Post
    I haven't posted here in a long time, so I'm back for help, since this is my first time dealing with an emulator that's not Project 64 or ZSNESW. I figured I'd download Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to try, and downloaded this JPCSP...
    Took me about 5 hours to get the freakin game...anyways, even though the download was an ISO....there's no ISO file in the download. o_0
    Um....what am I supposed to do here? Did I just waste 5 hours for nothing? The folder contains a lot of files, but nothing that's ISO or CSO related....I'm confused as heck. What am I supposed to do here to get this game running?
    Maybe you can be more specific like which format are the files in? If you still aren't sure maybe you can post a screen shot of the files?

Thanks

I have a bunch of .BINs and SFOs....hold on.
    There's the main folder "PSP_GAME" which holds two other folders, "SYSDIR" and "USRDIR". the 3 PNG images, also have an ICON1.PMF, PARAM.SFO, and SND0.AT3. The other two folders basically have BIN files like EBOOT and all that. (besides the one PARAM.SFO file)

Thanks

I'm not really sure, but the version of the game you downloaded might be for modded PSPs, for example you can't load an eboot PS1 game on ePSXe. Which might be the problem for this emulator.

Have you tried moving the .BIN file to the correct folder and loading them up in the emulator? If it doesn't work you might have to find a download that has the game in the correct format you need to run it on this emulator.

Thanks

I think you're right...its getting late bu found another download that's actually a CSO file. So I guess I just downloaded something for a modded PSP...I'll try it when I'm back on. (I'm assuming the modded PSP game downloads are a lot bigger in size right? Cause it was slightly over 1 GB, while this one is about 600 MB)

Thanks

....I'm going to bed, but...it says it won't run the gtame, it doesn't support piracy and all that....wtf? o.0
    Ugh, where's a good place to download this thing that will actually work?

And goodnight, will be back on later.

Thanks
    EP Points

I haven't tried it myself, but I think you could've used UMDGen to build an iso or cso out of those files.

Anyway, did that message say something about a 'Prometheus Loader'? If so, that's because that game was patched to be played on an actual PSP. There's one thing you can try. Open up UMDGen (Google it), go to sysdir and delete the eboot.bin. There should be an eboot.old there as well, which you should then rename to eboot.bin. If there's a prometheus.prx file, delete that as well. Save the whole thing as iso or cso and you're done.

Thanks
    EP Points

SYSDIR, USRDIR, etc etc are the files inside the image file,
    If the first file you have downloaded end with .iso, you don't need to extract it, as it already in image file that is required to run on JPCSP.

.CSO file is a compressed file, which is why the size is smaller than the first one you have downloaded(I'm assuming it's in .ISO).

Thanks

Well I already deleted the other file...sooo....yeah.
    Not really wanting to download and wait 5 hours again, lol.

The one CSO file I found before going to bed is still there though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, have you try running that CSO file?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well I already deleted the other file...sooo....yeah.
    Not really wanting to download and wait 5 hours again, lol.

The one CSO file I found before going to bed is still there though.
    Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Stick it in /JPCSP:/Umdimages

Don't expect playable speeds.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Um, yeah....I posted about that already, lol. I deleted everything....so, I pretty much gave up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Um, yeah....I posted about that already, lol. I deleted everything....so, I pretty much gave up.
    Speeds are very slow on most games anyway.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Speeds are very slow on most games anyway.
    even on fast computers? That sucks...I mean my computer isn't amazing, but it can run Mass Effect at max settings with little to no problems.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nah, on fast PCs, most stuff should run at full speed. And by fast, I mean really fast. Like, overclocked way above 3GHz.

But that's not always the case, as it depends on the game as well as your settings. Hell, I can run stuff like Persona 3 Portable, Trails in the Sky and Valkyria Chronicles 2 at full speed on my semi-modest rig using the latest versions of JPCSP, while I get slowdowns in other -probably more demanding- titles. It's kinda random, but still worth a try.