Thread: A strange problem pcsx2 graphics which is kind of hard to describe... (version 0.9.6)

Thanks

Default A strange problem pcsx2 graphics which is kind of hard to describe... (version 0.9.6)

Here are the details about my laptop (sorry, there will probably be some extra unnecessary detail in there cuz I wasn't sure which details would be relevant)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP G62 Notebook PC
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P540 Dual-Core Processor (" CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Page file: !896MB used, 5771MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I think this ones about my Graphics Card because it's under the tab 'display'
    Name: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x9712)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
    Approx. Total Memory: 1913 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

DirectDraw, Direct3D and PGP Texture accelerations have all been enabled.

Now for my emulator (PCSX2 0.9.6) details. These are the details under Graphics Configuration.
    Resolution: Windowed
    Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
    Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
    Interlacing: None
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3
    D3D internal res: 1024 1024 (Native unchecked)
    SW rend. threads: !

NLOOP hack and textured filtering are checked

THE PROBLEM

I'm trying to play The Mummy Returns but I'm getting this weird problem and I'm not sure how to describe it. The FPS is brilliant, there's no problem with the speed, but it seems the colour has trouble keeping up with the game. It's like the change of colour cannot keep up with the frames passing by. Anybody reading this right now is probably thinking "whaaaaat?" I don't know how it can be explained with words, as I move my character forth, his colour kind of gets left behind, like he leaves a trail of himself as he moves and the same happens with the environment. It's not the game, I played the game on PS2 when I was a kid and that never happened. I got the same problem when I played Tenchu Fatal Shadows. It will be hard to understand exactly what I'm talking about unless you see the problem yourself, which is why I took a screenshot!
    Name:  imhotep.jpg
Views: 11257
Size:  47.3 KB

As you can see, the colours are completely messed up, that foggy figure in the middle is the character I'm playing. Strangely the lifebar and the control guide seem normal. The title screen and everything is normal too but this problem occurs only when I start playing. I've looked at other forums to see if others had the same problem but it seems I'm the only one. Anybody who knows the solution to this, please help me.

Thanks
    EP Points

try pcsx2 0.9.8 or 0.9.9 see if you have the same issue.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

NTSC or PAL version of the game?

Thanks

Why not using the new PCSX2 0.9.8 ... your version is very old .... just download at

http://pcsx2.net/
    Last edited by Bang Junityawarman; 22nd-September-2011 at 02:00.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bang Junityawarman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Download the latest official build, then on your GSdx settings, set the Renderer to D3D10 hardware, and make sure Native is checked. Leave rest of the settings to default.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the game is PAL and thanks for the replies, I'll try downloading the latest version and see if the problem persists

----

Thanks guys! I've downloaded version 0.9.8 and it works perfectly now! i don't even have to click "run as administrator anymore" cuz it's not giving me any problems, thanks again!
    Last edited by meganova; 23rd-September-2011 at 00:02. Reason: merge double post

Thanks
    EP Points

no problem we are glad you got it working.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

hi guys, another problem, every game i've played since i got this problem solved was working just fine, but now beyond good and evil (NTSC) has the same problem, this time im using 0.9.8, what should i do?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alucardx View Post
    hi guys, another problem, every game i've played since i got this problem solved was working just fine, but now beyond good and evil (NTSC) has the same problem, this time im using 0.9.8, what should i do?
    What do you mean? that game has the same graphic issues with the first one?

If I remember correctly, Beyond Good & Evil is still considered as In-game since 0.9.6, as well on the 0.9.8 when running on Hardware mode,
    you could try switching to Software mode, and hope that will fix the problem but major slowdown are expected to happen.