Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk about Suikoden!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knightshade View Post
    I really have to play 3 I always liked Luc in the first two kind of liked his smart attitude, it'll be interesting to see how they developed him into an evil/misguided character
    Yeah he was hardly developed in the first two, but in the 3rd they really shed light on what his intentions were. And how was Tierkreis' story, any good?
    Chaos would suit me just fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

from what I played it's good so far quit half way through and not got back to it life kind of got in the way what with work and looking for another job and all.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Suikoden Tierkreis is Fantastic....if you play the Undub

I thoroughly enjoyed Tierkreis , it does not have the 1 on 1 battles or War mini games (not a fan of the War mini game) but it was a very solid RPG regardless.

I own the USA release, both euro and NA release got a shoddy engliah dub , the bastards were do cheap they didnt dub the battle voices so they were left out, go with the Final undub that is o nthe jap rom, not the euro one.

Thanks

around how much gameplay time is in the first and second on ps1?
    LINK REMOVED - WAREZ

Thanks

Supreme Warrior, thanks for your advice i guess i'll give that ago soon as i finish V again!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyp555 View Post
    around how much gameplay time is in the first and second on ps1?
    Roughly 30-40hrs if you recruit ALL of the stars of destiny. Suikoden II has alot of fun minigames that might eat up more of your time though :

Thanks
    EP Points

that depends on the player if you do a quick run through you could probably beat the first in 24hrs or less and the second in 35 but if you invest time in trying to get the good endings/all108stars of destiny then both games can run as many as 50+hrs.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yuber View Post
    Supreme Warrior, thanks for your advice i guess i'll give that ago soon as i finish V again!!
    welcome man

Thanks

I liked 1, 2, 3, and 5 was decent. There was something about 4 I just didn't like. I just didn't like the game and thought it was the worst in the series by far. Everything seemed really dull and uninteresting in 4. Everything from the story, to moving around, to the characters.

Suikoden 2 was my favorite. It would have been interesting if they let you choose which hero to go with in Suikoden 2, so you could play from the perspective of either side and see 2 completely alternative endings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonedge View Post
    I liked 1, 2, 3, and 5 was decent. There was something about 4 I just didn't like. I just didn't like the game and thought it was the worst in the series by far. Everything seemed really dull and uninteresting in 4. Everything from the story, to moving around, to the characters.

Suikoden 2 was my favorite. It would have been interesting if they let you choose which hero to go with in Suikoden 2, so you could play from the perspective of either side and see 2 completely alternative endings.
    I agree with you on 4, that was definetly the worst game in the series. With suikoden II it would have been great to play as Jowy! He was never evil to me, he just had an idea to accomplish things differently than Riou, by joining the Highland army itself and making his influence there. But damn, i would have loved the dark sword rune instead

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yuber View Post
    I agree with you on 4, that was definetly the worst game in the series. With suikoden II it would have been great to play as Jowy! He was never evil to me, he just had an idea to accomplish things differently than Riou, by joining the Highland army itself and making his influence there. But damn, i would have loved the dark sword rune instead
    Bright Shield was very good, it had some really cheap heals, and the level 4 was really good, even better than Black Sword level 4. If you had suikoden 1 data, you got the Soul Eater which was way better than Black Sword. You could over level in Suikoden 2 via the glitch to get in another area you shouldn't be able to get to until quite a bit later. You could also get Futch and Humphery.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 23rd-September-2011 at 18:35.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonedge View Post
    Bright Shield was very good, it had some really cheap heals, and the level 4 was really good, even better than Black Sword level 4. If you had suikoden 1 data, you got the Soul Eater which was way better than Black Sword. You could over level in Suikoden 2 via the glitch to get in another area you shouldn't be able to get to until quite a bit later. You could also get Futch and Humphery.
    Yes, that Matilda glitch, pushing the gate like a box i did it once and got to level 80 something by having flik and viktor kill 5/6 of those wierd dark knights and let them die while finishing the last by myself. What a sense of superiority