Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Football, it's football...

Watch the first video again, the most famous diver is Busquets
    From where I come from, it's soccer.

I've seen it, it's hilarious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually, what is the true meaning of "soccer"? Because when United Statians (I'm American as well, I live in America, but they call me Brazilian, so I'll call them United Statians) say "Football" it's their "American Football", no? The one with the wierd oval ball thing (I never played in my life). But since you can use your hands to play as well, then it's "foot-on-the-ball-exclusively" (don't get me wrong). Their "Soccer" is our "Futebol" (Brazilians don't like to translate foreing names, so we [I never do that but I'm part of this group, sadly] "aportuguised" it), wich is the game that we play mostly using the feet. Just like "Handball", the name specifies what you do on the game. I don't know what "Soccer/Futebol" is called in other countries, but since soccer always have been a strange name to me, I wanna know its meaning. Is it a verb? To soc...?

Also, Cookie Monster, may I ask where are you from?
    (You say Sesame Street on your profile, and they translated poorly that show here on Brazil);

Thanks
    EP Points

LOL who likes Soc...
    *watches videoes*

They should add more of this stuff, then i would buy it & watch it on tv

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Fischer View Post
    Actually, what is the true meaning of "soccer"?
    I wanna know its meaning. Is it a verb? To soc...?
    What we call "soccer" is technically "Association football", known as "football" (Or some derivative thereof) in almost every other country in the world. Apparently, the term "soccer" was used to describe a person who played asociation football.

Our "football" is technically called "Gridiron football", but is usually called either "North American football" or simply "American Football" everywhere else. (There is also a Canadian version).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lets not turn this into a debate about Soccer or Football and all that dont fancy a flame war and lock

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Lets not turn this into a debate about Soccer or Football and all that dont fancy a flame war and lock
    Shit... sorry. Just trying to be informative.

ONTOPIC:
    The videos were pretty funny. Although almost every review I see (never played one myself) has at least a passing mention of glitches like these, so they didn't come as a surprise.

Thanks
    EP Points

sometimes american football is also called rugby, and the video was LOLs

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, so that what it is. Generally, what most people call, is what it will be, and some just don't know the original name or meaning. Like PSP, most people here doesn't know what it stands for.

So, on topic, companies should make football video games every 4 years or so (to promote World Cup, by the way, the next one is on Brazil), then, maybe, EA and Konami could avoid big glitches like those.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

well, about the video,LMAO. And i totally agree 100% with Clayton, instead of overflooding and wasting money every year releasing a fifa game (some times using the same graphic engine and just changing the year and updating the roster) they just make an excellent football game every 2 or 4 years they would save a lot of money and wouldn`t have the need to close small companies like Visceral (Dead Space) Q_Q IHMO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    sometimes american football is also called rugby, and the video was LOLs
    Two completely different sports there mate (well, 3 I guess. There's two different versions of Rugby).

edit: FIFA (and most yearly franchises, for that matter) actually turn a profit on each release. Fewer FIFA games wouldn't have saved Visceral.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've seen that FIFA 12 PES 12 will be out on the PS2 as well. Do you guys think they will be some of the console's last games, or will there be more? The PS2 versions of those series are the most bought on "camelĂ´s" (illegal street vendors).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    Two completely different sports there mate (well, 3 I guess. There's two different versions of Rugby).

edit: FIFA (and most yearly franchises, for that matter) actually turn a profit on each release. Fewer FIFA games wouldn't have saved Visceral.
    well im in canada and i have heard some people call it rugby (mostly british people though)

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

I'd say this is a great marketing strategy (not intentional of course). I actually saw the new Fifa game coming out and wondered who even buys these games? These videos definitely got my attention though and sparked some interest in the series. I might even give the game a try.
    Living life without doing what you want, now that's just a recipe for misery

Thanks

haha this is so funny
    LINK REMOVED - WAREZ