Thread: Nintendo 3DS Emulator Predictions

Thanks

Default Nintendo 3DS Emulator Predictions

How long do you believe it will take before a 3DS emulator will be created? IMHO using 3D as a deterrent against emulators is stupid since programmers can use the NVIDA 3d vision options and I am aware that Dolphin has a 3d picture option.

Thanks

I just see the 3D thing being skipped entirely and them just focusing on the games being playable.
    The games don't need to be played in 3D at all.

Poor Nintendo fell into the 3D trap like 3D TVs and paid for it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos View Post
    I just see the 3D thing being skipped entirely and them just focusing on the games being playable.
    The games don't need to be played in 3D at all.

Poor Nintendo fell into the 3D trap like 3D TVs and paid for it.
    I don't think the 3D was intended to stop piracy, turning it off doesn't prevent you from playing the games.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

I could see it happening eventually, but the 3D support will probably start out buggy as crap. But as long as the data is there it should be fully emulator friendly eventually. Most Nintendo productss seem to be. Lol

Thanks
    EP Points

some games may require the 3D

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think the physical emulation would be too difficult, in terms of just making the games playable, but I feel like 3d emulation would be a matter of hardware and not so much the program.

Not that the 3d really matters, since all the games give you the option to turn it off.

Thanks

Give it a few months, and one of the current DS emulators will start having minimal support for 3DS games, in a year I predict people will be emulating some commercial games on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    I don't think the 3D was intended to stop piracy, turning it off doesn't prevent you from playing the games.
    Nah, I meant "3D" as an over-hyped "next big thing". It was tried in the past with those blue and red paper shades and it has met a similar fate.
    3D TVs bombed hard, 3D-specific networks failed before they ever really began.
    3D gaming is equally doomed, or at least Nintendo's gimmicky attempt at it.

The Avatar thing won't happen again. People wanted to see what all he hype was about.
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 20th-September-2011 at 03:15.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos View Post
    Nah, I meant "3D" as an over-hyped "next big thing". It was tried in the past with those blue and red paper shades and it has met a similar fate.

The Avatar thing won't happen again. People wanted to see what all he hype was about.
    I remember the red and blue glasses, and I remember how crappy it looked .

Nintendo was smart enough, at least, to make the 3D optional.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by PNightmare View Post
    How long do you believe it will take before a 3DS emulator will be created? IMHO using 3D as a deterrent against emulators is stupid since programmers can use the NVIDA 3d vision options and I am aware that Dolphin has a 3d picture option.
    Not too sure but I do believe their will be an update to one of the DS emulators for this. The hardware on the 3DS is just a step above the Nintendo DS's hardware and shouldn't be all that hard to emulate well with the exception of the 3D aspect that is.

But now is definitely the best time to get a 3D tv since prices will be coming down right?
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

3D is indeed optional with all games (not a huge fan of the 3D myself and my eye sight doesn't always work with it, I can't always tell the difference between 2D and 3D)

As for emulating the 3D that would be just realy very easy with 3D glasses 3D (red blue/red green) or via 3D the same as the 3DS for those displays that support it, can't see it being any more unstable that it is on the 3DS even the 3D slide could be done with ease it only brings the 2 images closer together the lower it is and off switches to just one image

The 3D itself isn't a problem to be honest it's just those 2 images that will be in each cart to start with anyway

This is a rather pointless thread realy until there is some sort of news that one is even being worked upon, personly I own the thing and looking for news on a true 3DS flash kit that lets you play in 3DS mode, so far all we have is DS mode flash kits

Once the development of 3DS emulation arives though I would guess it will be quick on the updates, but then again DS emulation is yet to be completed fully, but has gone a lng way from early development

Even GBA emulation though that was developed rather quickly started at a rather buggy state with lots of speed issues to start with (was sure they got to deving that even before it was retail, might of even been the DS)

Wonder what is keeping the devers from getting to the 3DS to be honest, actually there is no DSi emulation either that I am aware of, not that there is much call for it except for the DSi Downloads chanel games, some do look very nice that are there and alot more than what was dumped.

I will only ever be that impressed when there is true 3D, some sort of magical projection of the 3D image, that you can physicly look around, maybe not a total 360, a 180 view would do me , rather than a perspective trick that has been around since 3D red blue specs comics, since before alot of you had even been born (yes I know you don't need Red Blue glasses but it's exacly the same trick [2 images that over cross that each eye can focus on differently giving a complete image])

This isn't even the first 3D console by Nintendo either (this one does have emulators by the way) called the Virtual Boy, you guessed it, it uses the old Red Blue 3D but this is via a goggled console that you looked directly into that is strapped to your head, with a seperate controller in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by lordrand11 View Post
    But now is definitely the best time to get a 3D tv since prices will be coming down right?
    I was asking about this in a shop not that long back and he said there is still some development being made so it's a good idea to hold back atleast a little while and see what they come up with next.

I wasn't buying otherwise that was a naff sales pitch .

Still from a personal point of view not impressed yet with the 3D it's ok but it's not true 3D either
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-September-2011 at 17:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lordrand posted this recently:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...video-and-link.

Not sure about the legitimacy of it but, if it is real, it's a good step.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oo thanks for this will be checking that out
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-September-2011 at 11:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR