Thread: Dead Island

Thanks

Default Dead Island

Anyone other then me think the game is incredible??? I was going to skip it but once I read reviews that it was like Fallout, Dead Rising, and Left For Dead combined I was hooked. Game is really great have not run into any supposed errors that have been reported for the game, maybe there was a update I am not sure of this. However may end up if not my favorite game of the year but one of. Anyone else here agree?

Thanks

I finished it playing solo, I like it, but they really need to iron out the bugs.

Thanks

Maybe I have not played it long enough to notice the bugs, because I have yet to experience one. I put in over 3 hours gameplay already. Heiji how long did it take you to complete and did you do many side quests?

Thanks

I haven't bought it yet. Do you recommend the game?

Thanks

I definitely recommend the game. They are quick on patches.

I played mostly Solo with Purna, and clocked 40 hours, I did every side quest, that I found anyway, level 46 IIRC. I messed around a lot in the resort though. One bug that bugged me was ( I think they fixed it already) the quest rewards would reset to level 1, if you don't collect them and quit the game.

I'm waiting untill they get more patches, and for the Ryder DLC until I play this a second time, plus, tbh, it's difficult finding a good high level party, I've mostly helped out low-level multi co-op one-shotting zombies with my single-shot rifle, still fun.

Oh, this is PC, BTW, but I heard the PS3 version is royally boned technically.

Thanks

Yeah I also recommend the game I had at least 30+ hours on my first play through. Stay clear of the PS3 version it has a lot of issues id recommend PC as it seems to have little to no issues (aside from the release fubar on steam which was promptly fixed).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was thinking about getting this, but after I read what you guys just said about it being really bad on the PS3 I decided not to.

May wait a while to get it on PS3. I'll see though I guess.

Thanks

Ive heard VERY Mixed Reviews about this game. i really, Really wanted it until i heard about how awful the side quests were. one reviewer said ' Normally in a zombie invasion you'd think you'd be told to go loot a gas station or something like that, but instead, your fighting through a wave of zombies for a teddy bear. and the fact that it has no real story about the characters, the glitches, and no replay value means i wont get this until its under 20$.
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks

That's a rather unfair take on it. That side quest about a teddy bear comes from a survivor that's obviously suffering from PTSD, and in quite a few quests you do in fact loot gas stations, if every game gets given bad reviews becaause of a crappy side quest, than we wouldn't be seeing games get past a 5/10, besides don't listen to reviews so much, you're severely missing out.

It's a game about a zombie breakout, the cheesy story and dialogue is part of the package. I't's perfectly fair to say the game is a diamond in the rough, all things considered, they're definitely onto something. And most of all, more often than not, the game is FUN!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Anybody played the x360 version?
    Just curious if there any serious playability issues.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Anybody played the x360 version?
    Just curious if there any serious playability issues.
    I have the 360 version, there are no issues that I have encountered, besides the occasional bug.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealSpiders For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xplics View Post
    Anyone other then me think the game is incredible??? I was going to skip it but once I read reviews that it was like Fallout, Dead Rising, and Left For Dead combined I was hooked. Game is really great have not run into any supposed errors that have been reported for the game, maybe there was a update I am not sure of this. However may end up if not my favorite game of the year but one of. Anyone else here agree?
    Not incredible, no. Fun? Sure. It's not L4D, but I'm a huge sucker for zombie games anyway.