Page 218 of 268 FirstFirst ... 118168208213214215216217218219220221222223228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4006

Thread: The Hairy Balls-Out: No Seriously, Get Them Shaved

Thanks
    EP Points

play Outbreak

Thanks
    EP Points

I signed up with Onlive, why I don't know

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I signed up with Onlive, why I don't know
    YOU FOOL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    YOU FOOL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
    Another one lost to the darkside.

Damn you Sprung, damn you straight to hell.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    play Outbreak
    yeah no, I'm still pretty pissed at that game and it's shitty AI.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Since people were trying to speak french earlier.

Ma batterie est sur le point de mourir

Au revoir

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Later Zal.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Internet speed where i'm at.

Thanks
    EP Points

I only remember a little bit of French from high school. Speaking it, anyways. But for the most part, if I read something in French I can understand the majority of it.
    I remember enough that I can recognize what part of speech just about everything is in writing, but meanings tend to escape me. From context clues, I end up with about a broken English understanding of the sentence, unless it's extremely simple.

As for speaking, I can never get the meaning. It goes by too fast for me to parse it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    I remember enough that I can recognize what part of speech just about everything is in writing, but meanings tend to escape me. From context clues, I end up with about a broken English understanding of the sentence, unless it's extremely simple.

As for speaking, I can never get the meaning. It goes by too fast for me to parse it.
    Yeah, speech is a little bit difficult for me to understand. I can usually pick out a few words here and there, but I don't have enough time to really figure it out. I understand most of the meaning, some of it from knowing the words and some of it from basically just figuring out the context of the sentence and applying the only thing that makes sense. It's not a perfect system, but for the amount that I ever really need to read French (re: hardly ever), it serves me well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, speech is a little bit difficult for me to understand. I can usually pick out a few words here and there, but I don't have enough time to really figure it out. I understand most of the meaning, some of it from knowing the words and some of it from basically just figuring out the context of the sentence and applying the only thing that makes sense. It's not a perfect system, but for the amount that I ever really need to read French (re: hardly ever), it serves me well.
    I wish I could say the same. My mother's entire family is French-Canadian, so at family reunions I'm a bit useless. I understand a few key phrases, like "Donnez-moi un bier froid." But trying to have a conversation with someone generally ends up with broken English mixed with French.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

... who the hell would put pineapples on a sub?

Actually, who would eat pineapples period?

So gross.

Pineapple is there with all the salad stuff at Subway here in Oz (it doesn't exist elsewhere?)
    I usually get chicken on white untoasted......I usually get Swiss cheese, and I get all the extra stuff except pineapple.
    Salt and pepper, but no sauce usually.

I don't eat Hawaiian pizzas either

But I will eat pineapple in a sweets/dessert theme........like fruit salad.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I wish I could say the same. My mother's entire family is French-Canadian, so at family reunions I'm a bit useless. I understand a few key phrases, like "Donnez-moi un bier froid." But trying to have a conversation with someone generally ends up with broken English mixed with French.
    I was the same with German/English when I was a kid.
    My German has virtually vanished entirely now.......and I could never read/write it anyway

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Biere," with one of dem accent things over the first "e." But yeah, that's a pretty important phrase for French-Canadians.

Honestly, the only reason I have been any kind of understanding of French (outside of the classes I took in high school for three years) is from just being bored and reading the French information on products and trying to figure out what it means, then jumping to the English information and looking over it. I've never actually had to talk to anyone who only speaks French and fumble my way through a conversation. And even the French-Canadians that I know speak English very well.

Where I live, it would actually be more helpful to learn Mandarin that it would to learn French.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Pineapple is there with all the salad stuff at Subway here in Oz (it doesn't exist elsewhere?)
    I usually get chicken on white untoasted......I usually get Swiss cheese, and I get all the extra stuff except pineapple.
    Salt and pepper, but no sauce usually.

I don't eat Hawaiian pizzas either

But I will eat pineapple in a sweets/dessert theme........like fruit salad.
    Yeah... they don't offer pineapple here. I don't mind them on certain Hawaiian pizzas, but it really depends -- if they are still holding a lot of liquid and kind of mushy, I don't like 'em. Cooked to shit and dried out from the heat of the oven? Sure, I'll eat 'em.

Our Subway choices (at least in my city and every Subway I've ever been to, ever):

Spoiler warning:

Breads: Italian (white), Whole Wheat, Parmesan Oregano, Italian Herb and Cheese, and... something else
    Cheese: White Cheddar, Orange Cheddar, Swiss
    Veggies: Lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, black olives, banana peppers, jalepeno peppers, and green peppers
    Sauces: ... a fuckload that I can't think of at the moment

... yeah, that's pretty much it.