Page 212 of 268 FirstFirst ... 112162202207208209210211212213214215216217222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4006

Thread: The Hairy Balls-Out: No Seriously, Get Them Shaved

Thanks
    EP Points

I only know a couple words in japanese, but no japanese writing.
    Kanji is going to be so tough to learn.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    So much memorization .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Ooh, nice. I'm adding that to my big list of dictionaries, too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kanji itself aren't that tough to learn when they're on their own. After seeing them enough times, you'll be able to recognize most of them at a glance within a given sentence. At least that's how I am with the ones I've already learned. The actually tough part, I think, is keeping all 2000 of them in mind.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kanji itself aren't that tough to learn when they're on their own. After seeing them enough times, you'll be able to recognize most of them at a glance within a given sentence. At least that's how I am with the ones I've already learned. The actually tough part, I think, is keeping all 2000 of them in mind.
    FUUUUUUUUUU-.
    Kanji = horrify memorization.
    Katakana=?
    Hiragana=?
    Tell me how bad the other 2 are.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    It shows stroke order, other languages, and the entry number in other dictionaries. A very handy site.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori View Post
    I was fond of Lisa too. Never really got into Maya that much, though that may be because I was too used to her as a silent protagonist in Eternal Punishment, and it was a bit weird having her suddenly be all cheery and talkative. It's a moot point, anyway, since the true pairing is clearly Tatsu x Jun.

Now I want to replay Innocent Sin. I only went through it once, aaaaages ago, and my Japanese was nonexistent at the time. I remember reading along to the translated script on my PC. :'D
    I've yet to play EP. I was actually somewhat put off by having Maya as a protagonist after spending so much time with IS and its characters. Not to mention EP has a different main cast as far as I know. Yeah, I know it's a different game and they had to change things up, but still. Me and my silly attachment to the cast of IS.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've yet to play EP. I was actually somewhat put off by having Maya as a protagonist after spending so much time with IS and its characters. Not to mention EP has a different main cast as far as I know. Yeah, I know it's a different game and they had to change things up, but still. Me and my silly attachment to the cast of IS.
    Ep is quite good.
    It finishes off IS's story.
    Speaking of which, I'm about halfway through EP.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

FUUUUUUUUUU-.
    Katakana=?
    Hiragana=?
    Memorization + Application? It's just learning an alphabet. Well, two alphabets. I mean, between them, they have 96 vocalized characters total and another three characters that aren't vocalized, but rather serve as diacritics and enunciation modifiers, so it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    It shows stroke order, other languages, and the entry number in other dictionaries. A very handy site.
    Ah. I always use this, myself, but I tend to collect things like these since it's convenient for various purposes. I have Greek, Romanian, Latin, Cockney, French, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Russian, Ukrainian...
    ...Czech, Polish, slang, etymology, Portuguese...
    Last edited by Mistral; 25th-September-2011 at 02:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    It's more of a solo thing.
    This, really. Foreign language teaching doesn't necessarily provide you with an understanding of the language so much as a set of efficient tools with which to develop that understanding yourself. One of the fourth years on our course said that during lectures they weren't so much learning Japanese as learning how to learn Japanese, and I think he kind of had a point. :'D The tutors can answer your questions, correct your mistakes, and teach you more efficient ways of pursuing your goal of learning a language. But at the end of the day, if you don't put in the hours on your own, you're not going to learn to do anything but pass exams.

That being said, if you're interested in learning Japanese, or indeed any foreign language, I highly recommend it! If you're anything like me, becoming bilingual will completely change the way you look at the world. And if you're not, well... Hey, import gaming! I can't provide any fast track solutions to learning Japanese or anything, but I'm happy to do my best to answer any questions you come across as a fellow student of the language~!

Thanks
    EP Points

FUUUUUUUUUU-.
    Katakana=?
    Hiragana=?
    Pretty easy. I learned them when I was your age.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori View Post
    This, really. Foreign language teaching doesn't necessarily provide you with an understanding of the language so much as a set of efficient tools with which to develop that understanding yourself. One of the fourth years on our course said that during lectures they weren't so much learning Japanese as learning how to learn Japanese, and I think he kind of had a point. :'D The tutors can answer your questions, correct your mistakes, and teach you more efficient ways of pursuing your goal of learning a language. But at the end of the day, if you don't put in the hours on your own, you're not going to learn to do anything but pass exams.

That being said, if you're interested in learning Japanese, or indeed any foreign language, I highly recommend it! If you're anything like me, becoming bilingual will completely change the way you look at the world. And if you're not, well... Hey, import gaming! I can't provide any fast track solutions to learning Japanese or anything, but I'm happy to do my best to answer any questions you come across as a fellow student of the language~!
    I'm taking French in high school. Knowing English and 8 years of grade school Spanish helps .
    Aren't you more like octolingual?

Thanks
    EP Points

So Kanji is the worst, I presume.
    Also, my name.
    寺王縫

Thanks
    EP Points

Aren't you more like octolingual?
    If you consider a very basic grounding in a language equivalent to fluency, maybe. The only languages beside English that I speak to any level of competence are Japanese and French. And the latter is pretty shaky in itself. :/ Trying to cut out the linguistic dabbling now and focus on Chinese.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Glad you like it. It's been awfully helpful to me these past few weeks.