Thread: Strange memory stick reading problem

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Strange memory stick reading problem

Hey there.

I'm trying to upgrade my psp CFW, but just out of precaution, I did a full backup and tried to format my memory stick.

Since I'm using a dual microSD to memory stick adapter, the formating in the psp menu fails, but it ends up deleting everything.

the strange part is that after that, no isos or eboots could be read, even if they're in the right folders. The strange part is that the memory stick is working, and files such as music is found... I wonder what's happening.

Anyone could help me figure this out? [I was trying to format the microSD cards individually, but no luck getting them to be recognized right now. bad reader available at the moment - waiting for my father's laptop to become available now]

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to System Settings -> System Information, and post down what you see there.

Thanks
    EP Points

System software: version 5.03
    my nickname
    my mac address

It went out of the CFW because I tried to restart it after the formatting part. That's normal...

But shouldn't it at least show the 503_kxploit icon and my saves? [I re-copied the saves into the memory stick, and they don't appear]

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you try re-format it on PC? Does it shows a corrupted files or anything on the PSP?

Thanks
    EP Points

Not even the corrupted files [usual for unreadable eboots and stuff in the OFW] are shown. I'll try to reformat it ASAP, which might be in just a few minutes...

I'm formatting each of the microSD cards separately right now [took long enought...] It'll take a while, but I'll report back once it's done.

Thanks
    EP Points

After you've done that, try to put any OFW updater on the PSP/GAME folder.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, it works again... That was some strange sheet, Sherlock O_o

Anyway, proceeding to uninstalling old cfw installing new one.

SO, if anyone come across this strange problem... just format your microSD card(s) out of the memory stick adapter. And use THE sd formatter program.