Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I suggest a sub category for PS2 games that are patched for ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I suggest a sub category for PS2 games that are patched for ESR

I suggest a sub category for PS2 games that are patched for ESR or similar devices

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    I suggest a sub category for PS2 games that are patched for ESR or similar devices
    Kinda pointless seeing as how easy it is to ESR patch/unpatch PS2 disc images.

Supreme Warrior Guest

once you tamper with a image it is no longer a PURE image, you can see this easily if you use USBUtil and check its structure.

Thanks
    EP Points

there are still some images uploaded prepatched, so i think they should have a subsection, but yeah if you downloaded a pre patched on then unpatched it you wont have as good an image

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

So actually read the first post of a thread, and don't download a pre-patched image?

Thanks
    EP Points

im not complaining about ESR patched games, mainly having a sub category would make it easier for both those specifically looking for ESR patched games and those who want to avoid them, actually, since im on a mac having them prepatched helps out alot

its similar with the OFW patched PSP games, i think they should have a subcategory as well

Thanks

I recommend this also! or atleast a FreeMCBoot Burnable ISO area.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why do you people hate us, and want to make us do more work? ;______;

Thanks
    EP Points

wouldn't adding a subcategory be simple?

(PS: we don't hate you we appreciate the work!)

Thanks

I really appreciate it too! I'd d it myself but I can't with college and work plus outrageous bills and my consoles keep breaking ...(a long list of true excuses later) and overall THANK YOU!!! I love this website and am trying to get everyone I know on here!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

wouldn't adding a subcategory be simple?

(PS: we don't hate you we appreciate the work!)
    It'd probably be a bit more work than you might be thinking. Every single PS2 thread would have to be checked. Then each one that was ESR would have to be taken out of one section and put in another. If there are ESR games in various regions, you aren't just talking about one new overall section, either. And if there are ESR games that don't include that info in the thread.....

So yeah, honestly I don't see a point in it when it's no trouble at all to just read the first post of the thread when you're interested in a game

edit: But maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 11th-September-2011 at 02:03.

Thanks
    EP Points

well i was talking about just one overall section for ALL ESR games, aside from that if it would be trouble by fact that the exsisting threads would require moving then i think only the ones that have [ESR] in the title should be moved, any others that have ESR just in the first post someone could just comment on saying "wrong section" or something similar.

i dont think there are very many prepatched games already posted but if a new section were made it may encourage people to do so, and it would also be better since the earlier its made the less PS2 games there would be to sort through to put them into it.

but as for checking the thread title, like i said there are fewer ESR games so people looking specifically for them will have a harder time

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well i was talking about just one overall section for ALL ESR games, aside from that if it would be trouble by fact that the exsisting threads would require moving then i think only the ones that have [ESR] in the title should be moved, any others that have ESR just in the first post someone could just comment on saying "wrong section" or something similar.

i dont think there are very many prepatched games already posted but if a new section were made it may encourage people to do so, and it would also be better since the earlier its made the less PS2 games there would be to sort through to put them into it.

but as for checking the thread title, like i said there are fewer ESR games so people looking specifically for them will have a harder time
    So create another subforum? That's even MORE work, you know. And if such a subforum was implemented, yes, ALL the threads would have to be checked, not just any that say "ESR" in the title.

Not to mention, it would still need three+ sections in the new Master List for each region, any rips, and any demos (and anything else I'm not thinking of). It's not as easy as you seem to be thinking it would be. But hey, if you don't believe me, here's an exercise you can try: Open Notepad (or any word editor), and start going through a subforum. For every game, type [thread=whateverthreadid]name of game[/thread], and put them in correct sections (NTSC-U, NTSC-J, PAL, etc.). See how long that takes you to finish in one section, and get back to us.

edit: Oh, and while you're at it, be sure to check every single link in all the threads to ensure they're still alive. That'll give you some idea of what it'd be like to implement the idea.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 11th-September-2011 at 02:32.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't see why it would need a section based on region, the PS2 section right now as it is isn't sorted by a region, they are all mixed together NTSC, PAL and NTSCJ

but yeah, i have no reason not to believe you saying that its not as easy as i thought it was, just a suggestion, if its to difficult or whatever its not like its something that has to be done
    Last edited by luffy4; 11th-September-2011 at 03:31.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't see why it would need a section based on region, the PS2 section right now as it is isn't sorted by a region, they are all mixed together NTSC, PAL and NTSCJ
    You misunderstand. The subforum you're suggesting wouldn't. The MASTER LIST that would have to go in said subforum would.

Or I'm misunderstanding you and you really haven't looked at any Master Lists at all, since you'd be claiming they're "All mixed together".......

edit: If I am misunderstanding you, open up the PS2 Master list and count how many sections are linked in the first post. I counted 18. Doesn't seem, "Mixed together" to me.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 11th-September-2011 at 03:35.