Thread: Neo-Geo & Neo-Geo CD

Thanks

Default Neo-Geo & Neo-Geo CD

Hello,
    What is the difference between these two?
    I noticed that they have the same games such as 3 Count Bout it's on Neo-Geo CD and Neo-Geo.
    Are they the same?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

For basic questions like this, Google is still your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo

Thanks

Games are not discussed there, It is only stated that the AES uses a Joystick while Neo-Geo CD uses a Control Pad.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCitadel View Post
    Games are not discussed there, It is only stated that the AES uses a Joystick while Neo-Geo CD uses a Control Pad.
    Uh no, this is what it states.

AES:
    The Advanced Entertainment System (AES), originally known just as the Neo Geo, was the first console in the family, released in 1990. The hardware featured comparatively colourful 2D graphics.

The Neo Geo system was also marketed as a very costly home console, commonly referred to today as the AES (Advanced Entertainment System). The Neo Geo was marketed as 24-bit, though it was technically a 16-bit system with an 8-bit Zilog Z80 as coprocessor. The coprocessor was generally used for sound processing.

Initially, the (AES) home system was only available for rent to commercial establishments, such as hotel chains, bars and restaurants, and other venues. When customer response indicated that some gamers were willing to buy a $650 console, SNK expanded sales and marketing into the home console market. The Neo Geo console was officially launched on 31 January 1990 in Osaka, Japan.[1] Compared to the other 16-bit consoles of the time, Neo Geo's graphics and sound were vastly superior. Furthermore, since the AES was identical to its arcade counterpart, the MVS, arcade titles released for the home market were perfect translations. Although its high price tag kept it out of the mainstream gaming market, a strong game lineup likely contributed to the cult status of the Neo Geo, enabling it to outlast the more popular Super Nintendo and the Mega Drive.
    C
    The Neo Geo CD, released in 1994, was initially an upgrade from the original AES. This console uses CDs instead of ROM cartridges like the AES. The unit's (approximately) 1X CD-ROM drive was slow, making loading times very long with the system loading up to 56 Mbit of data between loads. Neo Geo CD game prices were low at $50, in contrast to Neo Geo AES game cartridges which cost as much as $300. The system could also play Audio CDs. All three versions of the system have no region-lock.

The Neo Geo CD was bundled with a control pad instead of a joystick like the AES. However, the original AES joystick could be used with all 3 Neo Geo CD models, instead of the included control pads.
    A lot more info there than just what controller it comes with.

And yes, games like 3 Count Bout are the same.

Although I think there may have been a couple Neo Geo CD exclusives. I can only remember Samurai Showdown RPG and Crossed Swords 2.

Also you could find out more info about the games released for each console by clicking on the "main article" link in the wiki page Cookie linked to. You really shouldn't expect people to hold your hand through every little thing. Have a little self-reliance.
    Last edited by Beelzebub; 10th-September-2011 at 20:09.

Thanks

And who told you I need people hold my hands?
    Thanks
    God's hand is enough and much much better than people's hand you know!! If you would even believe it......, if you don't also want me to post here tell me and will be ready not to post again asking for help , would stay and wait without help better for me.
    You have always been telling me those words: You want people hold your hands....
    I thought it's your job here to answer any question even the simplest one but I seem to be wrong..
    I think I'd better not to ask for help, so you like that??
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 10th-September-2011 at 20:53.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

It's not our job to "answer any question even the simplest one", we help those who we think need that help and when we think we can be of help. You ask everything and anything that crosses your mind without spending a single minute looking for the answer yourself, at least that's what it seems after seeing most of the threads you open. You are wrong thinking that way and despite having been told to try to find the basic info yourself, you keep coming here asking basic questions about consoles and emulation every time you discover a new console or emulator.

We are starting to think that you do it on purpose and that isn't a good thing. Honestly, did you try to find the differences between both consoles yourself before creating this thread? and don't lie cos no god like lies..