Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mega Man X Thread

Thanks
    EP Points

i've owned and beaten each of the X series games before (still got X, and X6). I think command mission was one of 3 megaman RPGs i ever liked much, the others being the legends games.

i think i only managed to do a perfect run on one of the X games was the 1st game on snes, and i only managed that once. no damage (outside the vile fights where you HAVE to take damage to progress), all sub/heart tanks gathered, all bosses beaten, and in under 30 minutes too, never managed to do it a 2nd time though :/ and that was without a emulator of any kind (not easy to do a perfect run through a megaman game)

hardest game for me would probably have to be 8 out of the classic series, that game has some hard final boss stages but then again the classic series was always hard in general which made it fun

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    i've owned and beaten each of the X series games before (still got X, and X6). I think command mission was one of 3 megaman RPGs i ever liked much, the others being the legends games.

i think i only managed to do a perfect run on one of the X games was the 1st game on snes, and i only managed that once. no damage (outside the vile fights where you HAVE to take damage to progress), all sub/heart tanks gathered, all bosses beaten, and in under 30 minutes too, never managed to do it a 2nd time though :/ and that was without a emulator of any kind (not easy to do a perfect run through a megaman game)

hardest game for me would probably have to be 8 out of the classic series, that game has some hard final boss stages but then again the classic series was always hard in general which made it fun
    How did you manage to have trouble on 8 if you did that well on X? o__o I mean, they're completely different games, I get that, but 8 was so stupid easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I rage quit Mega Man 8 after Wily Stage 1 and losing about 50 lives.

Made X6 look like fun.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    I rage quit Mega Man 8 after Wily Stage 1 and losing about 50 lives.

Made X6 look like fun.
    LMAO! Oh, come on, it wasn't THAT bad!

and I say so actually liking X6.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

People tell me that the JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE section isn't hard, and that it's the Thunder Claw whipping section after it that's hard, which I never had a problem with it the whole ONE TIME I made it through the JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE section. Then I lost what lives I had left to the boss because I suck with the Mega Ball and that boss room is designed to troll Rush Charger, went back to the JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE section and lost my mind because RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG !

Thanks
    EP Points

Mann, you guys are crazy. The jump jump slide slide parts gets annoying, but it's easy once you get to see the whole thing. Then again I can do the DK Country mine cart level without getting touched.

Thanks

Megaman 2 was my favorite of the original series. I actually played through that game several times before I figured out you could charge up Heat Man's weapon. I thought it was kinda broken in where Metal Man's weapon worked very well on a few bosses including the Metal Man clone. I think that was the only megaman game where multiple weapons were super effective against a boss, poor Wood Man got owned. Either a charged up flame or a saw to the face, your choice bro....
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 14th-September-2011 at 21:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, if we really want to talk about op weapons, Storm Tornado. 'Nuff said.

Thanks

Roll Shield(The weapon you get from armored armadillo?) Was pretty beast. It broke the game but so did Storm Tornado and Sting Chameleons weapon(forgot the name, its been a while)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rolling Shield in no way broke X1. Now, when it came to Xtreme 1 for the Game Boy, that thing was broken. It basically allowed you to walk on spikes. Of course, Chameleon Sting ALSO let you do that in X1... and pass through enemies. Plus it was multidirectional, so it could kill a lot of things.

Thanks

As a maker of TAS videos rolling shield is far more broken. Bigger enemies and spikes are completely avoidable in every occasion except for maybe 2. The most useless weapon though is the boomerang. I never ever use it except for the one boss (4th to last stage? The dinosaur robot head thing) I still have trouble getting the hadouken though.

Thanks
    EP Points

I only used Rolling Shield to kill Sigma's last form tbh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rolling Shield is actually my favorite barrier type weapon in the X series.

Thanks
    EP Points

My favourite weapon in X1? I go with Megamanax and say Storm Tornado. And the Boomerang (B. Cutter, I opened my emulator in the last boss stage to see the names of weapons, but I can't remember the full name), besides being the best weapon against Sting Chamelleon, it can cut off the trump from the fire elephant (don't remember the name) and the tentacles of Squid Octopus. It makes those battles much easier. But my favourite weapon of the whole X series, until now (I didn't beat X7), is Yammar Option (X6). I can get through any situation with it fully charged, but the cons is that it shoots randomly.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I prefer Fire Wave in X1, but as for entire series, I prefer a charged Spin Wheel.