Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mega Man X Thread

Thanks
    EP Points

I literally almost started this thread yesterday. I'm way too big into the X series. I enjoyed the original greatly, but X always ended up being my favor because it was more fast paced. X2 is my favorite of the series honestly. Seemed ot have the coolest bosses/levels. I've played my cart of X1 so much that it should be crispy by now, and the remake was pretty enjoyable, so I played that a good couple times until my PSP battery had died. -__-

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm quite a megaman fan myself. The first megaman game I ever laid my hands upon was Megaman X4 when I was still a first grader in elementary school. Since then, the megaman series became my most favorite game.

A few thoughts of the X series along with my progress:
    X: best-themed bosses, nice buster and dash upgrade, never made it past Sigma.
    X2: cool buster upgrade, a few weird-themed bosses, overall, it was great. Never made it past Serges.
    X3: nice dash upgrade, poor buster upgrade, no fire bosses, still good. Never made it past Sigma.
    X4: ULTIMATE ARMOR! nice story (I wish I'm much more skilled with Zero). Never made it past Sigma.
    X5: STILL ULTIMATE ARMOR! Nice-themed bosses. Never made it past the first fortress (damn lasers).
    X6: ULTIMATE ARMOR AGAIN! Not exactly the worst. Never made it past the post-High Max fortress.
    X7: bad voice acting (Axl, and "BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!"), weird weapons, but has the coolest ending.
    X8: better voice acting, cool weapons (especially Axl and Zero). Never made it trough the Inferno stage.
    CM: for a megaman game, it was quite good. Never made it past Mad Nautilus.

Thanks

I'm a huge Megaman fan myself. I started with the "remakes" of the NES Games for the GB then jumped ahead to the X series of which I played everything except 7 and 8 (didn't quite get into those two games).
    My favorite character is Zero so I've never played or beat X4 to 6 with X.
    My favorite parts are the even ones and the first one.
    My detailed thoughts:
    X: Cool bosses, even cooler music. The upgrades were neat, and the Hadouken was hilariously strong.
    X2: Really cool music, but really short (I beat it in less than 5 hours with all upgrades and the Shoryuken)
    X3: I didn't really like it as much as the rest of the series, the coolest part was Zero's Saber...
    X4: My absolute favorite, the anime FMVs were awesome (especially in the japanese version, Zero's spoken by one of my favorite male seiyuu), the music as well. And of course you could play Zero for the first time for the whole game
    X5: Had some of my favorite traks in the soundtrack, but the rest of the game was a bit duller than the rest of the series
    X6: Had the strangest difficulty of all games, some stages were extremely easy, but anybody who remembers Shark Metal Players stage has to shudder, because it was reeeeally difficult. Cool soundtrack as well, and even had the original japanese speakers)
    X7 and X8: never really played them

Thanks
    EP Points

I started to really get into Megaman X series this year, but I first played it in the SNES, 8 years ago. I've rented X1 so many times that the owner of the store already knew my face, and had the cartridge prepared for me when I entered shop. I don't if I was dumb, or a bad player, but I never finished it back then (I was 9 years old). Right now, that I can play through emulators, it's been the best moments of my life playing the series, maybe it's cheating, but it was thanks to the quick save/quick load. I've played X1 and X2 on Snes9x, twice each, then I've managed to find the PAL version of X3 for PSX (better soundtrack and anime intro for bosses), although it was a pain getting it to run properly on ePSXe 1.7. It was a nice game, and I think the hardest to beat Sigma. I've finished X4, X5 and recently X6, all in ePSXe as well. I played X6 on xtreme, and it got my favourite armor of the 2D series: the Shadow armor. Combined with the jumper, speedster and quick charge, you become a real ninja. Now I started to play X7 on the PC (it's only in korean, but I found a translation patch). Since I cannot QS/QL with it, I'll just try to beat it as a real gamer, since I've got a lot of skill from the previous games. X8 is just waiting on my desktop, and I'll enjoy playing it more, because I'll be able to hack it to play in widescreen.

After finishing this series, maybe I'll go for Legends, or original Megaman (wich is so freaking hard).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Fischer View Post
    After finishing this series, maybe I'll go for Legends, or original Megaman (wich is so freaking hard).
    Legends and the original series are both great in their own ways. Legends has a control system that a lot of people found annoying, but I really enjoyed it from the start.

Also, I have the X7 for PC as well. I played it on the PS2 as well, I just can't stand the parts where you have to go forward. X8 was a much better game though.

Thanks

To me the x series got way 2 complex for a game that started off very basic.The x series is great if you into hair pulling challenges but for me any of the basic megaman games 2-8 in my opinion are way better.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The X series is in no possible way complex; it's just a bunch of collecting things! And if you want to get fancy, you have to use a weapon to collect things!

Thanks
    EP Points

Dude, X series was so easy. The only ones that got annoying were X5 and X6. X7 just had a bad control scheme in my opinion, and some terrible voice acting.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Maybe he's confusing the stupidity of Squid Adler's stage gimmick to get the armor part for complexity.

Thanks
    EP Points

About the armor, I just hated this thing of getting all the parts before using the complete armor on X5 and X6. It was much better when you only needed the leg part to simply air dash. Is X7 the same?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by YamiNoKeshin View Post
    I'm a huge Megaman fan myself. I started with the "remakes" of the NES Games for the GB then jumped ahead to the X series of which I played everything except 7 and 8 (didn't quite get into those two games).
    My favorite character is Zero so I've never played or beat X4 to 6 with X.
    My favorite parts are the even ones and the first one.
    My detailed thoughts:
    X: Cool bosses, even cooler music. The upgrades were neat, and the Hadouken was hilariously strong.
    X2: Really cool music, but really short (I beat it in less than 5 hours with all upgrades and the Shoryuken)
    X3: I didn't really like it as much as the rest of the series, the coolest part was Zero's Saber...
    X4: My absolute favorite, the anime FMVs were awesome (especially in the japanese version, Zero's spoken by one of my favorite male seiyuu), the music as well. And of course you could play Zero for the first time for the whole game
    X5: Had some of my favorite traks in the soundtrack, but the rest of the game was a bit duller than the rest of the series
    X6: Had the strangest difficulty of all games, some stages were extremely easy, but anybody who remembers Shark Metal Players stage has to shudder, because it was reeeeally difficult. Cool soundtrack as well, and even had the original japanese speakers)
    X7 and X8: never really played them
    Command mission had bad voice acting too, though a good game

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So Megaman X had Hadouken, and X2 has Shoryuken? Damn I gotta find that. O.O Lol.

I got 1-3 right now on emulator, and I'm gonna try and get 4 and 5 too. But we'll see if I can figure out how to work the ESPXE emulator. '

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GameHelpOnline View Post
    So Megaman X had Hadouken, and X2 has Shoryuken? Damn I gotta find that. O.O Lol.
    Hadouken was so broken, and shoryuken was a little harder to get to. And let's not forget the gold chip in X3.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hadouken on X was a real "secret", but Shoryuken on X2 and Golden Armor on X3 had pretty much the same requirements (with X3 the player should not have any previous chip). It should have been nice if Capcom added the Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (spinning helicopter kick, not a translation, I think) to X3, or X4 since it had no major secret, besides the code for Ultimate Armor. In X5 you still were able to find it ingame, but I haven't seen any secret like that on X6.
    Spoiler warning:
    The code is given after beating the game.

Thanks

I found the Shoryuken much easier than the Hadouken, which was a b*tch to find (don't talk about the Irregular Hunter X PSP remake which was much more awful in relation to finding the Hadouken...)