Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Mega Man X Thread

Supreme Warrior Guest

wonder if there will ever be a Final X game?

well at least X8 had a decent English Voice cast, X7 was just horrid .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We know how the X series ends, we just need a game to either bridge the gap to it or actually portray the events.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND
    Funny how that bastard said "AH, IT'S YOU THAT IT'S CAUSING MY SUFFERING". You can't imagine how much I would have liked to reply like in, say, Monkey Island, and tell him "YES, I THINK THE SAME, YOU'RE MAKING MY EARS BLEED!! F*** YOU!"

X7 had a lot of things going for it, but just like X6, failed miserably in the "fun" department.

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    wonder if there will ever be a Final X game?

well at least X8 had a decent English Voice cast, X7 was just horrid .
    Final game of ANYTHING? You know the company behind the saga is Capcom, right?
    They will either release a thousand games of it, or let it fade into darkness before dying.

So is the case with Mega Man, at least. I have waited 13 years for the day in which I see a game that would connect the end of the last classic game with Mega Man X. I think the day will never come.

EDIT: Alternatively, they might just talk about a game and can it 1/10 into production.

tl;dr? No, Mega Man X will never end. It will die, and given what happened to Legends 3 and Universe I really doubt Capcom would even talk about X9.
    Last edited by The Almighty MegaMan; 20th-September-2011 at 14:48.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

EXE/Battle Network ended, as did Zero. So it's not like ending a series is something that has NEVER happened in Mega Man.

Thanks

Totally random, but Zero was always way cooler to me than megaman, with his all-powerful Star Wars lightsaber
    Chaos would suit me just fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yuber View Post
    Totally random, but Zero was always way cooler to me than megaman, with his all-powerful Star Wars lightsaber
    You shut your filthy mouth. Joking. Random fact some people may not know (I'm sure most on this forum do though): Zero was the original design for Mega Man X.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megamanax View Post
    Random fact some people may not know (I'm sure most on this forum do though): Zero was the original design for Mega Man X.
    Woah really? What made them switch it up to Mega man x?
    Chaos would suit me just fine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because Capcom said that the new Rockman couldn't be red; the BLUE BOMBER is an icon, so you can't just go and change him to RED.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Because Capcom said that the new Rockman couldn't be red; the BLUE BOMBER is an icon, so you can't just go and change him to RED.
    But why they are changing Dante's hair to black on DMC? Capcom just adds so much crap on their games sometimes, or removes what people really liked from previous games, like on X5 and X6, you couldn't use separate parts of armors you already got (I've already said that, but I think it's an example of things that everyone liked and Capcom simply removed from the games).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because X wasn't an established series and they wanted fans to recognize the design so that they would buy the game. And after it's been established, THEN they could do whatever they wanted.

Thanks

Capcoms been slipping up these past few years. I don't know why and maybe its just me but I don't like what they've been doing to RE and Street Fighter.
    Last edited by Wolf the Knight; 21st-September-2011 at 12:08. Reason: Fail. I said bast instead of past -_-

Thanks
    EP Points

uh zero was wily's creation, not some original that X was based on, see the cutscenes in X4 and a few other games in the series (the arcade game endings have scenes of wily talking about building him). X was made by dr.light and zero by wily to destroy X. if you've played through most or all of the megaman games then i don't really see how you can get that info wrong. Sigma however was based on X, X and Cain used the best tech to make sigma and make him seemingly immune to all viruses (i think that part about the viruses is correct, not sure).

as for legends 3 and universe getting cancelled: CAPCOM SUCKS >.< at least on that move

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    uh zero was wily's creation, not some original that X was based on, see the cutscenes in X4 and a few other games in the series (the arcade game endings have scenes of wily talking about building him). X was made by dr.light and zero by wily to destroy X. if you've played through most or all of the megaman games then i don't really see how you can get that info wrong. Sigma however was based on X, X and Cain used the best tech to make sigma and make him seemingly immune to all viruses (i think that part about the viruses is correct, not sure).

as for legends 3 and universe getting cancelled: CAPCOM SUCKS >.< at least on that move
    He was talking about Capcom's decisions, not the plotline from the games...
    Still, you're correct for the most part.

I can't recall hearing Zero was going to be X, but I do recall hearing that Zero was actually supposed to be a girl, in the Rock (Megaman) and Roll fashion.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm thought i may've been wrong in some part... zero being originally planned as a girl doesn't sound too far off however, i could see that happening as a possibility

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm pretty sure Zero was always meant to be a male. People are just put off by the long hair and the fact that he has large, round orbs on his chest.

That and people wanted to think Zero was a rebuild of Roll, just like they said X was a rebuild of Rock. Both of which are patently false.